Is it possible that my metabolism is this low?

Options
sofrances
sofrances Posts: 156 Member
edited April 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been experimentally trying to find my maintenance calories. MFP said it should be 2720. Yesterday I put on 0.3kg after eating 2,122 calories.

Is it possible, as a man, that my metabolism is that slow? (I did an hour of exercise that day as well). Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, weight gain isn't linear, and matainence isn't stable. Just because you ate less for one day doesn't mean the scale won't increase.

How old are you, what weight are you trying to maintain, and how tall are you?
  • sofrances
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So, I have been losing weight for about a month already. I actually started using MFP because I had been trying to maintain but failing. (I want to maintain for a few weeks before continuing to lose). This is the first day I have put any back on.
  • sofrances
    Options
    So I should keep on with the same calorie budget? I'm really frightened of putting all my lost weight back on.
  • sofrances
    edited April 2020
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Weight loss isn't linear, weight gain isn't linear, and matainence isn't stable. Just because you ate less for one day doesn't mean the scale won't increase.

How old are you, what weight are you trying to maintain, and how tall are you?

I'm 32 and 6'1. I'm trying to maintain 117kg. (Not forever, just for a bit. I know that's not a healthy weight, but its a fair bit less than I was. I read that a study called MATADOR showed some success for "intermittent dieting" to overcome metabolic adaption).
  • sofrances
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate your reassurance. I'll try not to spiral :smile: