Bowling alley food...

Options
My husband and I are meeting up with friends tonight and we are all planning on eating there. The only thing that I saw on the menu that wouldn't be terrible was a grilled chicken sandwich, but everything comes with fries and cole slaw. I'm not a big fan of cole slaw or salads so what other sides do you think would be ok? Any other suggestions besides a grilled chicken sandwich? And what about drinks?

I did work out this morning, so I have 550 extra calories to work with.

Replies

• nursesamd
    Options
    Soft pretzle and light beer
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I would bring in my own little snacks like carrots, almonds, fruit.... Maybe even a sandwich too. I know bowling alleys are strict when it comes to bringing in outside foods but they can't really see the little snacks that are hidden in your purse.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Water and soft pretzel or half the sandwich :)
  • fitnesspirateninja
    Options
    I would bring in my own little snacks like carrots, almonds, fruit.... Maybe even a sandwich too. I know bowling alleys are strict when it comes to bringing in outside foods but they can't really see the little snacks that are hidden in your purse.

I'd do the same.
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You should be able to get anything a la cart. Ask them not to butter your bun and no mayo. If you can't get it a la cart, then give the side to someone. I went bowling last night and left a snack in the car in a little lunch bag in case all the french fries made me hungry.
  • carymi30
    Options
    Im about to face this very problem every wednesday. I think what I will do is try to eat something healthy first then just splurge on one alchoholic beverage. That way I can still have fun with my friends and not feel left out but not break the calorie bank.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything healthy in a bowling alley. I guess you could chew on one of the pins for fiber, but that's about it. The best thing for you to do is enjoy being with friends, eat, and be sociable. Just make sure you LOG IT!!!!
  • no5wingfan
    Options
    Im about to face this very problem every wednesday. I think what I will do is try to eat something healthy first then just splurge on one alchoholic beverage. That way I can still have fun with my friends and not feel left out but not break the calorie bank.

I'm in the same boat but thankfully they have wraps and salads; hopefully they won't be insanely huge and over my calories. Do you know how many calories to put in for exercise?