Day One Begins

Options
I have reached the point once again that I am tired of being held back by my weight. Clothes are too tight, can't walk up a hill without panting, won't ride the rides at the carnival because I'm afraid I won't fit. I am ready to do something about it. How many times have I found myself here. I know though that the only way to reach goals is to begin by taking the first step. So, I have signed up and have begun my new healthier life. Excited to get some good days under my belt. Excercise is going to be my biggest challenge.

Replies

• Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck to you!
  • sumastorm
    Options
    Yay!!! Deciding now is time to be real about it and commit is a tough hurdle too - and you did it!!!
    Looking forward to hearing about your journey!!
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't care for exercise so I do Walk Away the Pounds, which you can do in the privacy of your home : ) Also Welcome: )
  • ginafactor
    Options
    Streets, getting started is the toughest step. Pace yourself, don't try to change everything at once. Concentrate on doing a tiny bit better EVERY DAY. Perfection means nothing; what you want is progression. No matter how unfit you feel today, you are a tiny bit more fit than you were yesterday. My dear friend has lost 40+ pounds by getting up every morning and walking, and watching calories here on MFP. Nothing fancy, nothing dramatic. She's done it slowly, quietly, without fanfare, every day. NOW everybody is commenting on how skinny she is and how quickly she lost the weight. But she and I know the truth. She has checked in every day, and walked at least 6 days a week for 6 months.
    Start slowly, quietly, without perfection anywhere on your list of things to do. Then go for a walk. Don't call it exercise. Call it "fitness" or "my walk" (I like owning it; it's YOUR walk). And check in on MFP every day.
  • macylane4
    Options
    I think 99% of people hate working out! Just join a gym and go to classes! You get to know everybody and have fun!!! That is what I've did to lose 38lbs!!! Remember washing your car and cleaning your house are calories burnt too!!!! Good luck it will get easier and easier everyday!
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    I have reached the point once again that I am tired of being held back by my weight. Clothes are too tight, can't walk up a hill without panting, won't ride the rides at the carnival because I'm afraid I won't fit. I am ready to do something about it. How many times have I found myself here. I know though that the only way to reach goals is to begin by taking the first step. So, I have signed up and have begun my new healthier life. Excited to get some good days under my belt. Excercise is going to be my biggest challenge.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    im on day 5! lets be friends! lol as far as exercise goes, just starting by walking outside and to the end of the block will give you some motivation. If you jump in all crazy like, youll get really sore and dissapointed, then quite."if you can't do something right, dont do it at all " is a lie! half-*kitten* it, its ok. good luck and everyone is really great on here. jump in, the waters great!:smile:
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me for mutual support! LETS DO THIS!