Zumba for Wii i LOVE you!!

Options
2»

Replies

• bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Okay, now you've got me motivated to get out my zumba this week. I've been doing just dance 2 and riding the stationary bike. I love the dancing so much.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Okay, now you've got me motivated to get out my zumba this week. I've been doing just dance 2 and riding the stationary bike. I love the dancing so much.

Aww have i ha ha! Im glad i help others :) i love the dance games to! I could spend all day on them if i had the time! They work up a good sweat and burn mega loads of calores!!
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Wow what a good incentive, I have both and really enjoy them when I do them, it's putting them on in the first place that I have trouble with!

I will try and remember your post, and get on with it! Thank you :-)

i have the same problem i love zumba for the kinect but its finding the motivation to put it on that i struggle with, also depends on what mood the dog is in as well as he likes to get in the way, or sneak up behind you and lick your leg (shudder)
  • womblesgirl
    womblesgirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im a Zumba virgin but I went looking for wii zumba just this weekend sadly no joy I think lots of mfp members are grabbing it lol. I ended up getting "my fitness coach dance" and I love it has abit of everything latin dancing boxing running skipping and the list goes on. Tomorrow Im off to my 1st zumba class hope my 2 left feet can handle it :)
  • tina2222
    Options

Wow! 2 times a day! That would kill me!!! Ive got a hrm and according to that i burn over 650 cals per 45 mins. Thats the average for a normal zumba class anyway. I got my hrm from tesco direct, its a kelly holmes one and its £26. Soo if your in the UK, you could get that, it works great for me :)

Im in new zealand but im sure i could find an HRM here somewhere, maybe a sport shop like rebel will have them. I cant wait to find out how mych it burns. iv read on most sites that people can burn between 600 and 800cals doing zumba which is awesome! what are you logging it in your exercise diary under?
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Oooh i see, im Sure you will get one :)

Before i had my hrm i logged it in as circuit training general as 45 mins says it burn over 500 cals, even tho u burn like over 600 but its more accurate than the dancing general excercise :)
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    See, you did give me the incentive - I've just been and done a 45 intermediate routine and burned 318 calories!

Thank you so much I feel great now ! :-)
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do two classes a week at the gym, so I put on the expert mode on wii. I find this has longer and harder routines which I figure are better for burning more cals :)
  • xSophia19
    Options
    See, you did give me the incentive - I've just been and done a 45 intermediate routine and burned 318 calories!

Thank you so much I feel great now ! :-)

haha good good, and your welcome :D
  • xSophia19
    Options
    I do two classes a week at the gym, so I put on the expert mode on wii. I find this has longer and harder routines which I figure are better for burning more cals :)

ahh cool :) i can wait to try the expert! its going to kick me butt!
  • Smores18
    Smores18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love zumba too!!! I have it for PS3 and it has probably been the best motivator for me to actually start exercising! I never exercised before. When I was in high school I walked the timed mile, lol. But Zumba is just so much fun! It was difficult starting out for me, the first couple times cause I couldn't get the steps then the next few weeks because my body is just not used to the workout. But now I love it! I think I'm about ready to move up to the medium level now cause I didn't sweat near as much with the last one I did. I can't wait to see what the next routine is!
    My favorite part about it has to be that they do a really good job starting out working you, but not too hard, then it increases to extreme burn then has the perfect cool down. I've even recently started using 1lb handheld weights while doing the routine, I plan on moving up to 2lb weights soon.
  • Jess5825
    Options
    I've seen so many people talking about this, and just rumba in general. I think I'm going to pick it up to try it.
  • deedee2779
    deedee2779 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i bought this game a few months ago, going back to work after mat leave meant i had no time to go to class. i was really surprised at how good this game is, its just like being at the class, and actually i think you may work a bit harder at home cos no one is watching you!! i do the expert one now, which i love, and really gets me sweating!