Joined a week ago and I'm having problems with certain goals

Options
Hello everybody!

I am going to make this short and sweet..I keep going over my allotted amount of sugar, Vitamin A and C (occassionally sodium) is anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You need to start looking at the individual things that are pushing you over.

Your diary is closed so I can't be more specific but generally the more processed the more salt.
  • chickenhead99
    Options
    Hello
    I tend to go over sugar everytime, alot of fruit , however that is not bad sugar.
  • tonitiger26
    tonitiger26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I mainly focus on my calories...I find that if I restrict myself of everything too much then I end up binging. I eat sugar and have alcohol, I just make sure I don't have it in excess and stay under my calories. I count EVERYTHING. If I do go over I make sure I workout that day or the next. It's all abut eating less and moving more. Good luck!

Bruno Mars: I wanna be a billionaire so freaking bad
    Girl: Yeah, me too. I need new clothes
    Bruno Mars: No you don't. 'Cause girl you're amazing just the way you are
    Girl: Really? You're like the only one who thinks that. Will you marry me
    Bruno Mars: No, but i'll catch a grenade for ya
    Girl: Really? Even today
    *Girl gets hit by Grenade*
    Bruno Mars: Today, i don't feel like doing anything........
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Going over on Vitamins, and minerals naturally is a good thing. It means you are eating right. If you are eating right, but going over on sugars, you are probably eating a lot of fruit, That's not all bad. Most people just need to watch their calories, and they will lose weight. I probably wouldn't worry about it, unless you are going over by a lot, If you are, find out what foods you are eating that have a lot of sodium, or sugar, and eat less of that. I go over on my sodium a lot. I don't worry too much about it. My blood pressure is fine.
  • SerenityJA
    Options
    it is never too late to invest in self-preservation
    u r not having problems, u r in search for solutions
    jskt having goals is ambitious:laugh:
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I usually go over on sugar, too, but for my own diet I consider a difference between fruit sugars and the kind of sugar I'd get from a candy bar. If it's natural sugars, I don't worry too much if I'm over. Like another poster said, I focus mostly on calories.
  • smscott87
    Options
    I usually go over my Vitamin C because of oranges I eat and the Arizona tea I drink (which also plays into my high sugar too). From what I learned on here, if you eat a lot of fruits that will play into going over your sugar limit. Try to eat in moderation if it's not natural sugars. In the end, too much sugar (processed or natural) will turn into fat.
  • eatnbetter
    Options
    This my first week too and i went over on protein 3 days and sodium 2 days. Everything else was on target! I will try harder this week!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My primary focus since starting, has been staying under my calorie limit and eating right...i figure I'll get into the more technical side of it as I become more knowledgeable

Don't get me wrong though because, I cut out soda, fast food, sweets, fried foods, switched form mayo to mustard, little to no bread, etc;

I am sure some of the MFP Pros, will lead you in the right direction.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    This my first week too and i went over on protein 3 days and sodium 2 days. Everything else was on target! I will try harder this week!

It's my understanding certain foods are okay to go over on.(especially the way mfp recommends them.) All your vitamins, potassium, fiber, and proteins are good for you and I would recommend going over on them. Sodium, saturated fats, and sugars, are all areas that you should try to go under mfp's recommendations.

For most people it works just to watch your calories. I usually watch the other macronutrients to see where I need to work, but for losing weight, you should only have to worry about calories. If you find through your normal diet, you aren't getting the recommended vitamins and minerals, either try to change your diet, or add a multivitamin.
  • eatnbetter
    Options
    Thanks dave4d! I feel better!
  • KingsKid85
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate the advice! I will try to focus on the areas causing me the most trouble more. I wish everyone the best!