Day 1 - Didn't think it would be so hard.

Options
cosbyn
cosbyn Posts: 1 Member
Short story a little over 2 years ago I hit my goal weight... then found out I was pregnant and after a rough pregnancy and my LO having a major health issue I gained it all back plus 5 lbs.

I am mostly recovered from the near emergency c-section and my LO has been given a near clean bill of health and I am ready to try and reach that goal again. I just didn't think it would be this hard. My eating habits have been blown out of the water. For starters I was so nauseous during my pregnancy that unless it was carb dense and fatty my body didn't want to eat it. Follow that up with a year of breast feeding that made me feel I was starving every two hours and then the mindless snacking I have developed as I feed a toddler my habits have been demolished. By 8pm I felt like I haven't had anything to eat. It's 9:30pm and my stomach is rumbling. WTF?

So time to start over with one or two little steps I suppose. This week will be drinking more water and being mindful of what I eat so I can log it.

If you have read this small novella thank you. If anyone has any advice they want to share or are willing to keep me accountable you are more than welcome.

~Nicole

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You have lost weight before. You can do it again.

I think your plan is good. Small steps to allow your mind and body time to adjust to better habits.
  • mare34293
    mare34293 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself that you are a “work in progress.” Stay strong & dedicated to your self. You CAN do it!
  • AnneUT
    AnneUT Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Remember, especially since you have a little one, you're going for health, not just a quick diet to be thin. You're smart to start small. ❤
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    You are doing well

Don't know if this helps, but I've learned to accept the rumbling tummy. If I KNOW that I've eaten enough, and it's more hormonal craving than genuine hunger (like right now, dinner was only an hr ago and I had a big meal) then I just acknowledge that I have a rumbly tummy and it's perfectly fine to feel hungry. It won't kill me, and it won't hurt me. And usually after 10 mins or so, the feeling passes.

When I am being mindful, thats what I mean by mindful, acknowledging I am feeling something, its ok to feel it, and realise that it's my body tricking myself.
  • Corig22
    Corig22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo - thank you for your reply. I didn't realize how much I needed to be reminded to be mindful until I read it. and I am sitting here with a grumbly tummy so it was perfect timing. =)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to understand and believe how important it is to get enough protein AND fats. If I eat too many carbs, I just want more carbs and I cannot stay on track.

That Sexypants link above - it's gold.

Try hitting your protein and fat goal every day AND getting 4-8 servings of whole fruit and/or vegetables.