Fitbit & logging exercise

Options
I'm not sure if I'm logging exercise correctly. My MFP is currently synced with my fitbit, it adds my steps and updates my weight but I'm not sure if its adding my exercise? For example I've currently only done 4000 steps so far today but I've just done 56mins on my exercise bike. I've synced my MFP to fitbit and my exercise calories has only gone up to 20kcal! When I clearly have burned more than 20kcal. Am I supposed to log my excerise on MFP along side the fitbit syncing? Or should I just disconnect my fitbit??

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You don't need to manually add exercise your fitbit takes care of everything
  • peacejan
    peacejan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    You don't need to manually add exercise your fitbit takes care of everything

Yes my fitting is logging my exercise but its not going on MFP. You don't burn 20kcal from 56mins of cycling...
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You only get a adjustment for activity over what you would have already burned at that time of day so for example if you said you were lightly active but didn't do anything all day except that 56min cycle you would get a lower adjustments than if you did normal activity + 56min cycle the adjustment isn't the amount of calories you burned doing a particular exercise its the difference between what mfp thinks you would gave burned and what fitbit says you did
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's not telling you that you just burned 20 calories. It's telling you that once it compares your activity so far today to what MFP estimated you would have burned given the activity level you provided, you have burned 20 *additional* calories. It's not giving you "credit" for the calories that were already included in your initial activity level.