Returning Member - 3rd time a charm?

Options
Hi everyone! I started on my fitness pal in 2012 at 155 lbs and finished at 137 lbs in 4 months. I went on vacation for a 1 week and one bad choice after another lead to more weight being gained. I also stopped logging and little by little stopped exercising. Several years later passed, new home, career promotions I ended up at 175 lbs... then gave birth to my first born in 2016 ... weighed 185 lbs... and now just gave birth in 2019 to my second child .. now I’m at 199 lbs!! Ugh... This is my 3rd attempt to seriously doing this again... it worked for me once before. Only this time I have kids. :) I would use excuses of my long work hours and not having having enough time to meal prep. Now I have no excuse. I want to take advantage of quarantine time and not sure when I will be returning to work. I don’t have any workout buddies or group of workout “girlfriends” that help and support me in this. This is literally the peak of my weight gain... would love some helpful advice to stay on track and and not fall off again. Even tips on ingredient must haves or snack must haves.. thanks! Anyone else struggle and succeeded in returning to fitness pal?

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You've got this! Welcome back. :)
  • leah_hawn
    leah_hawn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too need workout advice buddies and recipe ideas. Ive been back here before and lost weight then gave up. Its not easy but this time around for health reasons I have to stick to it. Just take it 1 day at a time.
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm also back for the 3rd time and ready to kick butt! I'd also love some workout and recipe buddies and just in general to help keep me going and hold me accountable! Please feel free to add me :)
  • tanyadavisyaya
    tanyadavisyaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I could have wrote this status. Trying to get fit and loose weight. Using extra time during lockdown to try to accomplish this goal. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you like.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I've tried several times over the years and always gained back. I know how it feels to fail. This time I want to know how it feels to finish ... and succeed!! With 100+ lbs to lose, I need all the help I can get. This time I've joined two groups. one in particular helps keep me on track and provides the cheerleading I need and don't get in real life. Check it out per links below --

FAT 2 FIT Registrations are OPEN!!!

Do you need additional accountability?
    Are you competitive?
    Do you like a team environment?

FAT 2 FIT is for you!!!! Four years strong! Fat 2 Fit has helped members lose over 10,000 LBS!

Feel Free to visit the Group Page and take a look around. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us??? Register for May!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10793488/f2f-may-2020-registration/p1?new=1

What do you have to lose?
    WEIGHT!!! That is what!
  • louell77
    louell77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck! 3rd time back for me. Feeling positive and motivated right now, you can do this 👊🏻🙂
  • EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Been logging everything for 3 days now... let’s do this!
  • ryancollier28
    ryancollier28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Keep it rollin