Do you wait?

pink_mint
pink_mint Posts: 103 Member
edited April 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Edited: nevermind, dumb question 😳

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I log my weight every day so it doesn't matter. If you use the Happy Scale app, it will create a trend line that helps a lot.
  • pink_mint
    Ok I do that too in my weight tracking app. I guess I mean more on the MFP goal progress weight tracker on your profile. I guess I should have said that.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    pink_mint wrote: »
    Ok I do that too in my weight tracking app. I guess I mean more on the MFP goal progress weight tracker on your profile. I guess I should have said that.

I log my weight in MFP every day, too.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    If I am pretty sure that I am not dehydrated then while I am losing my lowest weight is the one I most trust. From watching myself for a very long time I have concluded it is the number that I can best use for my calculations because it is the least likely to have fluctuation noise in it. It is also because I am hardly ever dehydrated without sickness involved. It does happen but it is super rare.
  • NovusDies

I only record my lowest weight. I do not do it very often in MFP but I do it on occasion to allow it to recalculate my calories.
  • pink_mint
    NovusDies wrote: »

I only record my lowest weight. I do not do it very often in MFP but I do it on occasion to allow it to recalculate my calories.

Ok. See that's what I do. I only log my weight into MFP if it's gone down, that is if it's moving towards the goal. I have a separate way of recording the daily fluctuations.

But yes that's what I was getting at, what low weight do you 'trust' as a truly new low.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,587 Member
    I consider my weight trend app weight as my weight.

After some time I think you will come to recognize which numbers are "real" and likely to trust and which ones were the result of an upset tummy!

And then you would have to consider your motivation benefit by recording the new low.

These days I tend to record my weight automatically from scale app to Fitbit and then Fitbit pushes it out to trendweight and MFP.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies wrote: »

Ok. See that's what I do. I only log my weight into MFP if it's gone down, that is if it's moving towards the goal. I have a separate way of recording the daily fluctuations.

But yes that's what I was getting at, what low weight do you 'trust' as a truly new low.

Most of the time I know how much I am owed. If I am trying to lose weight at 1 pound per week and my weight has not gone down for 2 weeks by the end of the third week if it shows 3 pounds less than the last low it is trustworthy. I have a fairly elaborate spreadsheet system that tracks this for me. If my new low weight is 4 pounds less then either I have lost faster than anticipated or it is an artificial low.

The easier answer is that I want MFP to base my calorie goal on my lowest possible weight. If it turns out to be 2 pounds less than it should be that is fine but I want to update (go back through guided set-up) about every 10 pounds regardless.