Hungry all the time

2»

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Too much protein bothers my stomach big time. How old are you? We need less calories as we ago. Also, maybe you are mistaking hunger for thirst.

To be honest, you can expect some hunger pains as you lose weight. Keep good snacks around like celery and carrots, to help.
  • amummystale
    amummystale Posts: 18 Member
    I'm almost 28. I actually managed to get a delivery slot on my food shop so I managed to let lots of healthy snacks and I'm going to try and find some distractions for when I'm feeling hungry after food
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    you'll adjust quickly. just hang in there.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    How active are you? Is it feasible for you to increase your activity level? If you find a sustainable way to do that it can help a lot: the more active you are the more you get to eat.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited April 2020
    Here's a few "low(er) calorie meal options" that I use from time to time:

50g whole egg goes with up to 100g of egg white. If you're desperate for calories and willing to compromise, I've pushed it up to 50-150.

apples are filling to me bananas are not. many people are the exact opposite. some find neither or both filling. For me... it's apples. Eating an apple about 20-30 minutes before a meal allowed me to make that meal smaller.

an apple can easily get cubed into a 650g tub of 0% yoplait source with sucralose. add about 10-15g of all bran bud cereal... and you're pretty full for a bit... not terrible protein. Not terrible calories.

oatmeal / creamed wheat can be done both sweet or savoury. you could even use an egg or egg white mixed in. For sweat LIQUID sucralose (I had to resort to third party from amazon) truly has no calories. packaged splenda still have a FEW calories.

0% greek yogurt, or 0% skyr can pretty much go ANYWHERE. Potatoes? check. On top of fruit? check. In oatmeal? check. in soups? check. Different brands are either slightly less sweat and suitable for such uses or more sweat and better suited to eat by themselves, or to serve as a thickener for the aforementioned fairly runny 0% yoplait. or to eat as a dessert with maybe some cocoa powder and some fruit! Heck you could even mix in canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie, just the plain pumpkin) and pumpkin spice or cinnamon!

jello refrigerated puddings at about 60 cal can also go into a tub of yoplait! or you can add 5 to 8g of all bran buds on top.

You can also make the "no fat no sugar" jello puddings but instead of using 500ml of skim milk you could use a couple of cups of unsweetened vanilla cashew milk... and maybe 12.5g or so (45 to 50 Calories worth) of fat free powdered milk

There exists no frozen dinner or canned soup or instant noodle soup bowl that doesn't get an infusion of 240 to 500g of vegetables when served/prepared (some veg have a lot more calories than others).

Onion / garlic makes things heavier... i.e. you feel more full after eating things that contain the,

Why waste calories on flavourless cheese? Use LESS of STRONGER flavoured cheese!

Have you looked at the calories and macros of a 450g tub of tomatoes, some onions, cucumbers or pickles including hot pickles if you like hot stuff, and one of the flavoured mini cans of tuna (the sub 120 Cal for a tin ones?)

Hey: you may enjoy all of this (yeah right), or you may be running away in dismay.
    Doesn't matter.

Experimenting with figuring out what satiates you for fewer calories is what half the fun of eating at a deficit AND logging is all about... the other half is watching the whole process work to lose weight!
  • amummystale
    amummystale Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you everyone for your tips 🥰 I've actually eaten less than I have the last week or so but feel more full
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Yay! Just make sure you're still getting enough calories. I'm glad you feel fuller.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    eryn0x wrote: »
    you'll adjust quickly. just hang in there.

but why does it need to be painful - someone much smarter than me captured it perfectly - he/she who eats the most and still loses weight is the winner
  • jejizzle
    jejizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Cut out anything sugary or sweet, and limit how many starchy carbs you take in in a sitting. The sweetest thing you eat should be some fruit (not fruit juice) or a couple squares of as dark as you can stand chocolate. The more sweets you eat the harder it is to transition to healthy foods. You'll continue to have cravings and feel hungrier if you keep sweets in your regular diet. Sweets and starchy carbs bounce your blood sugar/insulin all over which makes you hungry as hell. Right now, bag up all the junk and candy and throw it outside. Don't bring anymore in. Give it a couple weeks and your body should start adjusting to having a steady energy source instead of yoyo-ing all day. The less sweet food you eat, the less you'll miss it.