Where do I start? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Options
Hello beauties!

I am on a journey to loose over 100+ pounds. How did you guys start with your food plan? What ideas do you have? Did you meal prep? Please give me some advise!

uwa8yiqpnu19.jpeg

Replies

• SarahsJourney7
    SarahsJourney7 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: Β»
    This is a good general starter thread for information about using MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

And this was my approach to hitting my calorie goal while gradually improving my eating, using foods I personally enjoy, while gradually dialing in better satiation, practicality, good nutrition, occasional celebrations and treats:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

That's pretty much what I'm still doing, in year 4+ of maintaining a healthy weight. It's a process, not "a diet".

Best wishes!

Thank you so much! This is helping me a lot!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Look out for challenges on the forum. They keep you focused and motivated. Choose the ones that fit your goals & your problems.

You can do it! You're already on the right path, having made the first important steps: acknowledge and proceed.
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    besides food prepping, it’s also good to visualise what you are going to do the next day. when are you going to exercise? where and what are you going to eat? will you be near a place where you can grab a healthy meal? nothing derails weight loss more than lack of planning :)
  • BAC716
    BAC716 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To start, focus on the simple things! Don't think about being overly restrictive, rather trying to introduce more helpful things in to begin. Adding in good small actions will leave less room for the actions you'd like to limit by default. (example: More daily water = less room for calorie filled beverages).

Things like preparing a few lunches with mainly protein and veggies for the week, getting more daily steps in, more sleep, more water daily, etc. go a long way when done consistently. Just be patient, it will take time, you will have little mess ups but you can always bounce right back and keep plugging away.

1 great day doesn't fix everything just like 1 bad day doesn't ruin anything. Think about the most obvious things you can improve to start and write out what you can do to take action on those things. You'll build momentum and can get more detailed as you need to along the way as the weight comes off!
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I don't mean prep. But l want to lose 40 pounds first. I agree. It takes time.