cannot always be perfect

Options
I have seen quite a few negative posts on here and that really suprises me. I thought the point to the site was to motivate and support each other?
We are all different and have different goals. That does not mean we are wrong or not succeeding. For some of us, food is an addiction. Would you tell someone who went from smoking two packa a day to one or two cigarettes that they were a failure? I certainly wouldn't. So, if someone is drinking diet pop or eating a healthy choice meal, stop putting them down and dismissing all the effort and changes they have made.
In the end, I'm sure we are all looking to be healthy and to eat clean, we just might not take the same road to get there :)

Replies

• Hfxgal
    Options
    Amen! Well put....
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    AMEN Sister!!! Couldn't have said it better. Same thing goes for those of us who made it off the couch to walk--not doing the 30 Day shred or P90X, but still moving a lot more than before!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    very well said and i am glad i am not friends with people like that!
  • blondski
    blondski Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ^5
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Very true and very well said..!!... :flowerforyou:
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Very well put! This forum should be a place of motivation. Not a place were people have to watch what they say because of others negativity. :]
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree-- I don't understand why certain users complain about what the rest are doing. Focus on yourself, not on others. If they ask for criticism, give it. Otherwise keep your comments to yourself.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see a post like that, but I have seen where people ask a question and in return they get a ton of different opinions and things get heated over one person's position or another. We are all different and as you said, have different goals. Mine are definitely different from most of my friends, but they are still very supportive of and encouraging to me, as I am to them. That being said, great post.
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So glad you worded it correctly i feel the same way. everyone will have good and bad days that is why it is called a journey. so thank you for bringing this subject up.
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    very well said. If you cant support peeps, need to move on.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Well said! The thing that frustrates me most about these boards are the people who are very...strident about the fact that their way is the only way because it worked for them. I hate seeing someone ask something along the lines of "what are some suggestions for decent frozen dinners for those nights where I'm stuck workling late or whatever?" and you get a few positive suggestions and then the "you need to cook all of your own meals all of the time and the portion them out and freeze them individually so you don't have to eat that poisonous processed food". It's a nice thought but for me personally, it's not realistic or helpful.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    well said where is the LIKE button
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great post! I keep looking for the like button too. :bigsmile: