Looking for female friends!

Options
Yogagrl444
Yogagrl444 Posts: 16 Member
Hi,

I'm starting over on here after a long hiatus and decided to create a brand new profile to start fresh! I'd love to make some new friends to support & motivate each other! The last time I was on here, I lost about 20 lbs, but that was several years ago... In my 20's I got down to 139 lbs.
Now I'm in my 30's and having a much harder time getting back on track. I've gained all of that weight back , plus more! I'm only 5'4, 38 yrs old, and I now weigh 176 lbs!! I am considered very overweight for my height and I want to be healthy again!!

This Quarantine has also lent me that extra 6 lbs in the last month and a half...which doesn't help. I've been under alot of stress, got Furloughed from my job, worrying sick about my Mom who is high risk and lives in NYC!! (the worst place to be), and not sleeping well. I know stress has something to do with my weight gain, but I also meditate & do yoga almost daily! I try to do walks, as much as I can (when weather permits) at least 10,000 steps a day... and overall try to keep a healthy diet! YES I do stress-Eat at times , and am an emotional eater. That's why I'm here. I want to gain back control before the Scale goes up even higher!

Please feel free to share your story. It's stressful times and everybody is going through something. We need each other. Let's give that love & support and be there to pick each other up on a bad day!

I can't figure out how to add friends on here, so please add me if you want :) Thanks!

Replies

• Yogagrl444
    Options
    eh15xac26wpq.jpg
  • LionRoseMusic
    LionRoseMusic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sending you a great big hug! 🤗 please know that we’ll get through this difficult time. I’m glad you’re already taking some healthy n proactive steps towards a healthier future! Stay focused determined Yogagirl and you will soon see the fruits of your work!! I’m also praying for peace n hope ❤️☀️🎶
  • Blessingsbe533
    Blessingsbe533 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too love yoga and practice usually daily. I have a good bit of weight to lose and had lost about 15 pounds. Since quarantine, I indulge in too much stress eating. Gained back 7 pounds. Trying to post here in order to change something up, hopefully for the better
  • melc2910
    melc2910 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey your story sounds so similar to mine! I’m 29 and weight 95 kg I’m trying so hard to loose it’s just so hard with iso and yeah the stress eating too! We can totally be friends and motivate eachother :) you got this!! Oh I’m from Australia by the way :) xx
  • Yogagrl444
    Options
    melc2910 wrote: »
    Hey your story sounds so similar to mine! I’m 29 and weight 95 kg I’m trying so hard to loose it’s just so hard with iso and yeah the stress eating too! We can totally be friends and motivate eachother :) you got this!! Oh I’m from Australia by the way :) xx

Cool! Ooh Australia must be awesome. I've always wanted to travel there...so beautiful. Thanks for the add! We got this!
  • Yogagrl444
    Options
    Sending you a great big hug! 🤗 please know that we’ll get through this difficult time. I’m glad you’re already taking some healthy n proactive steps towards a healthier future! Stay focused determined Yogagirl and you will soon see the fruits of your work!! I’m also praying for peace n hope ❤️☀️🎶

Thank you for this and for the add too! Yes, let's all pray for peace. <3
  • claire6240
    claire6240 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new I’ve gained over 2 stone in the last couple of years and an extra 6 pounds since lock down. I’m 40 in June and it’s definitely harder than it was I’m my 20’s. I don’t know how to add a friend either haha
  • glowingirls
    glowingirls Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    want to make friends to lose weight with me😊💕💕 add me
  • Yogagrl444
    Options
    I’ll add you both!! What did you eat for breakfast? I’m starting my day with a smoothie. Banana almond milk blueberries cocoa powder 💪

• Yogagrl444
    Options
    I think you have to go to the person' s profile page to add them as a friend! I can't figure it out on the App though...only works on my regular computer.