Gaining weight!!! Help!

Options
Since quarantine I’ve been exercising at least 5 times a week walking, weight lifting and just started tap dancing again. I get in 7000-10000 steps a day, stay under 1500 calories, rarely using all of my exercise calories. Im gaining weight! I track all of my calories and drink half my body weight in water. What is going on? I don’t think my clothes are any tighter but it’s frustrating as hell to see pounds gained. My pacer app is synced with my Apple Watch and yesterday between my steps and exercising, I had almost 900 exercise calories. I only used 300. Any suggestions to what I can do to see the scale go down?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    weight fluctuations depending on what time of the month it is - are you using some kind of trend app? are you suer your logging is accurate?
  • dana10162013
    dana10162013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually over estimate if I’m not 100% sure. Today I have eaten 1100 calories, did light weights for 20 minutes and dance class for 60 min. It’s saying I have another 1000 I could eat. Am I eating too little?
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I actually over estimate if I’m not 100% sure. Today I have eaten 1100 calories, did light weights for 20 minutes and dance class for 60 min. It’s saying I have another 1000 I could eat. Am I eating too little?

The minimum you should be eating is 1200 calories. Log your food, and any exercise. Eat back your exercise calories.

How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hmm. could you be retaining water or gaining muscle? there have been times when i lost inches but the scale hardly reflected it. my muscle mass went up and my fat percentage went down though. sometimes i don’t see any real results after weeks of work and then suddenly my weight drops. as long as you are running a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    How much have you gained and over what time period?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    hmm. could you be retaining water or gaining muscle? there have been times when i lost inches but the scale hardly reflected it. my muscle mass went up and my fat percentage went down though. sometimes i don’t see any real results after weeks of work and then suddenly my weight drops. as long as you are running a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

with the OP's activity level - gaining muscle not likely; water weight is definately a potential - especially if its newer exercise routine
  • dana10162013
    dana10162013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

with the OP's activity level - gaining muscle not likely; water weight is definately a potential - especially if its newer exercise routine
    harper16 wrote: »

The minimum you should be eating is 1200 calories. Log your food, and any exercise. Eat back your exercise calories.

How much weight are you trying to lose?

I’m not eating back my exercise calories. Maybe that’s the problem? I definitely get in 1200 calories. I usually go 1200-1400 max calories.
  • naveedr77
    naveedr77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since quarantine I’ve been exercising at least 5 times a week walking, weight lifting and just started tap dancing again. I get in 7000-10000 steps a day, stay under 1500 calories, rarely using all of my exercise calories. Im gaining weight! I track all of my calories and drink half my body weight in water. What is going on? I don’t think my clothes are any tighter but it’s frustrating as hell to see pounds gained. My pacer app is synced with my Apple Watch and yesterday between my steps and exercising, I had almost 900 exercise calories. I only used 300. Any suggestions to what I can do to see the scale go down?

Dont worry...its kind of very normal your body is now used to it
    Eat 2500 calories for one day but healthy one then stay back on your routine...you will see results
    Keep shocking your body with difrent workouts and calories intake plans