Losing weight when I overeat?

Options
tanishadw
tanishadw Posts: 18 Member
Hi!
During quarantine, I've been trying to do 20 minutes of yoga daily and 45 minutes of hiit, abs or strength most days. I will sometimes go for a walk too.

I eat 1200 calories and weightloss has been slow, but I've noticed on days when I overeat / binge (at least 1500/2000 calories over my goal) and I weigh myself the next day, my weight decreases.

Does this mean that I should increase my daily calorie intake for better results? I'm 4'10 so I'm used to the idea of needing to keep my calories low, so I'm not sure if increasing would do more harm than good.

Thanks!

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Your weight is a reflection of what you've been doing over time, not just the day before.
  • tanishadw
    Options
    I understand that, but strangely whenever I overeat is when I see the biggest jump in weight loss! :(
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It just tells you, you've been working hard all week and the week before. I've had it happen too. Have you tried a trending app for your weight? The day to day fluctuations are less important than the overall trend.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,481 Member
    Options
    tanishadw wrote: »
    Hi!
    During quarantine, I've been trying to do 20 minutes of yoga daily and 45 minutes of hiit, abs or strength most days. I will sometimes go for a walk too.

I eat 1200 calories and weightloss has been slow, but I've noticed on days when I overeat / binge (at least 1500/2000 calories over my goal) and I weigh myself the next day, my weight decreases.

Does this mean that I should increase my daily calorie intake for better results? I'm 4'10 so I'm used to the idea of needing to keep my calories low, so I'm not sure if increasing would do more harm than good.

Thanks!

are you eating more fat if you overeat? You might just have a bowel movement.
  • tanishadw
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    are you eating more fat if you overeat? You might just have a bowel movement.

Not particularly, and my weight remains low from then on so deffo not just a need to poo lol :)