What do you eat with your Laughing Cow Cheese?

Options

Replies

• Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I spread it on a rice cake, or I melt it in pasta sauce and it makes it into a rosa sauce, yummy stuff
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I use it at breakfast most. One wedge, spread on two heated corn tortillas then topped with a slice of bacon and some scrambled egg. Yum.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    cook it in my egg whites
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I cook it with my oatmeal (with diced ham and a teaspoon of olive oil) when I want savory instead of sweet.

Also do the noodles alfredo...the way I do it is mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a wedge of cheese and a little milk and mix in cooked noodles, add fresh grated parmesan cheese and pepper...really good!
  • andison
    andison Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Like many, I use it with tuna instead of mayo.
    Spread on melba toast classic.
    Added to steamed veggies.
    Use in place of butter on toast when topping with a fried egg.
    Slice of bread, LC and garlic powder.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL - are you sorry you asked?! It is good on anything you like or just by itself. It spreads real easy.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i put it on unicorn burgers
  • CheetoBandoto
    Options
    MFPfriend, I gotta thank you for posting this thread and making think of what an awesome snack idea laughing cow is. :P

Everyone else, I gotta thank you for all the inspiring ways to eat it! Yum! XD
  • Autumn15
    Options
    I put the swiss on a toasted multi grain english muffin with vegan sausage for breakfast, it's great in omlets and in a wrap with some thin sliced lunchmeat for lunch, I've spread it on a tenderized chicken breast and sprinkled some seasonings on it then baked it in the oven it is delicious! They have several great flavors to use. What can't you do with laughing cow cheese? LOL
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    So far, I've been unimpressed with LC Cheese......it costs 3.99 here for 8 ounces. Wow!!! That's a lot for poor folks. I have eaten it on numerous things but have yet to find that it has ANY flavor....and eating it alone, ugh...the flavor was blah.....but, I have two containers I bought on sale two for five (because I"ve heard so much about how good it is). I looked at fat free cream cheese...it's only 1.50 for 8 ounches..and has 30 calories for 1 ounce...it's not flavored like the LC Cheese, I know....but so far the flavors I have have not been that good.....I don't recall the flavors I have.....

I have eaten it on rice cakes, tiny potatoes (which has been the bst use I've found of it), Triscuits, grilled chicken, veggies.....

I was greatly disappointed.....
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like using it for "grilled cheese". Use spray butter, wheat bread and laughing cow cheese... Put some turkey on it too for a special treat. I love laughing cow cheese!!!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    MFPfriend, I gotta thank you for posting this thread and making think of what an awesome snack idea laughing cow is. :P

Everyone else, I gotta thank you for all the inspiring ways to eat it! Yum! XD

I know, right? That stuff was sitting in the fridge for a week because I tried it on bread, didn't like it, and couldn't think of any other way to use it, haha.

And I just had some alfredo sauce on my pasta made from Laughing Cow Cheese. :D

YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING!!! :)
  • bfrice1
    Options
    I put it on those round water crackers.
  • imcountingcalories
    Options
    I love the stuff! Use it like you would cream cheese. I really like it with Crunchmaster Rice Crackers/toasted sesame...yum! :smile:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of mayo on sandwiches or wraps, with whole wheat crackers, on apple slices or celery sticks. I also like another brand called Sonoma Jacks. It comes in great flavors like Pepperjack and Parmesan Peppercorn.
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    I just bought some today as a matter of fact! My favorite flavor is garlic and herb....I use it with eggs in the morning, with reduced fat wheat thins, or as a delicious cheese substitute on a portobello mushroom burger! It isn't cheap, at least not at my regular grocery store, but I've heard it's cheaper at Costco/Sam's club...............
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Love it on Melba toast.
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    In the past, I make pinwheel rollup sandwichs like they have in the Costco deli, only instead of cream cheese I use a Laughing Cow Light wedge. Right out of the frig, they are a little stiff to spread on a wrap, so I place the wedge on a wrap and nuke it in the microwave for about 8 seconds. Then I spread it over the entire wrap (all the way to the edges), add a leaf of romaine lettuce, a slice of turkey, whatever vegetables I want (usually cucumber sticks or red bell pepper sticks), then roll it up. You can then slice it in pinwheels, eat it like a burrito, or I typically wrap it in wax paper, then cut it in half on the diagonal right through the wax paper. They're pretty, taste great, and pretty healthful.

I've also used the wedges to make a light cheese sauce for vegetables for my kids. Melt them slowly with a little milk in a thick-bottomed pan on low, stiring them together with a wooden spoon.
  • hchristine
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have anything new to add, but there are some great ideas posted on here...and I can't wait to try them :)
  • jmsladky
    Options
    look up the site greenlite bites. Its a mom who loast 70 lbs. doing ww and she has a site with all typesof recipes using laughing cow.