Cardio changeup

Options
Ok so I've plateaued so I'm mixing it up. Jump rope, rowing, spin class, swimming and skating each week. Anyone else trying this with success?

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    The only reason I try to do a variety of cardio is to stave off boredom. If it makes you work harder and burn more calories then I suppose it would be "successful" for weight loss, but personally I don't rely on cardio to manage my weight just in case of illness or injury. I use it for health reasons only.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    45.min 430 calories skating. Good for quads, glutes, core and stability muscles. The big surprise is how much it loosened my shoulders.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    KHMcG wrote: »
    The big surprise is how much it loosened my shoulders.

Really? I would not have expected that either. Have you ever had anything like frozen shoulder? What I like about this is that skating is not weight-bearing on the shoulders at all.

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    The big surprise is how much it loosened my shoulders.

Really? I would not have expected that either. Have you ever had anything like frozen shoulder? What I like about this is that skating is not weight-bearing on the shoulders at all.

Don't know what frozen shoulder is.

My pain is located under my left shoulder blade. Somehow swinging my arms as I skate for 45 min is loosening muscles and flushing the lymph system in that area. I just wasn't expecting it.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Swimming this weekend. Lost another pound in the last couple days. I had a sore ankle switching to swimming gave me an extra couple days recovery for it.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Gym is closed and it has been nice to get out and ride. Cycling is a great way to work the legs.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Gym is closed and it has been nice to get out and ride. Cycling is a great way to work the legs.

When I first got into fitness, all I pretty much did was cycle. Loved it. Obviously that was before I knew the benefits of cross training but I lost a significant amount of weight, toned up my legs and hiney, and just felt all around amazing.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I subscribed to a bunch of YouTube channels and tried a bunch of different routines. I'm trying Sydney Cummings 30 day May challenge to see how I like it.