Which workouts surprised YOU w/near-immediate results?

Options
2»

Replies

• yoghurtand
    Options
    For me, chin ups and push ups for arms/shoulders, hula hooping for abs/waist and squats for legs :D also, running started toning me up really quickly! Doing intervals of hooping and jumping jacks was really intensive, I found so that might be something to look into at home as well.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I started doing bodyrock.tv workouts about a month ago and skipping rope. I noticed a huge difference in just a week. There are a lot of body weight work outs. Love them.
  • naveej
    naveej Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump ..did'nt wanted to loose the topic
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Chair dips - All you need is a chair and your own body weight. I hated them at first but I've seen such good results in my triceps that I have to force myself -not- to do them every day so my muscles can repair themselves.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Running worked the best for me, but I do plan on doing other things as well...
    I saw someone else posted something about intervals, those are pretty good... something that I do is to try to incorporate them into my run... Instead of timing it, I pick something to sprint to, and then I'll jog a bit more and then pick something else to sprint to when my heart rate goes down... the point of intervals is to get your heart rate pumping and then bring it down again... and repeat... so as long as your honest with yourself and don't let yourself slack when your hr is down enough then it works :) (something I don't always manage, but I've still been able to see results even with some* slacking lol)
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Road cycling!
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • methetree
    Options
    great topic!

I know you don't have a lot of room, but Jillian's Ripped in 30 gave me awesome results and you only need enough room to lay down for crunches, or push ups... everything else will fit into that space.
  • jem728
    Options
    bump
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good topic! I just started Zumba about a month ago and finally the scale is starting to move.

I'm doing Zumba and noticed the same. I can tell I've lost inches but the lbs have just started to kick in (or should I say kick out):smile:
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow just reading this gave me a huge jolt of motivation. Way to go, you! 100 a day? YOU ARE AWESOME.

EDIT: durr, meant to quote the 100 a day squat-lunger. whoops!
    Squats and lunges, I did a month doing 100 a day lost 3 inches on my hips much firmer butt!!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    situps, squats, lunges, pushup, outside you can do HIIT by slowly jogging for a while and then going into a sprint for 10-20 seconds.
  • amie031182
    amie031182 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Push ups. Do as many as you can in one set (til your arms give out) then wait 2 minutes and do 3-5 less than your first round and so on for 4 rounds. Then on the 5th round do them til your arms give out. It takes not a lot of time and if you do it every day your whole core strength will improve AND your reps will increase significantly.

Last couple of times I tried push-ups I couldn't even do ONE! But you've inspired me to try again! Why do we always forget the simple stuff? ;)

I'll try on a chair to start. THANKS! :drinker:

Start with knee pushups-you can move on from there.
  • stefnicole
    Options
    Great thread! Saving for later.
  • andison
    andison Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So I want to tone up a bit, in general, quickly. Just for a little ego boost. =D Any recommendations?

Was there a workout you did where you saw some surprisingly immediate results?

EQUIPMENT: I have a bike and a set of 2 free-weight barbells with interchangeable plates (up to 15 lbs. each) if that helps. I don't have enough room indoors to do a video yet (but I'm moving in a few weeks and will be starting P90X Lean) so stuff I can do outdoors, on the cheap is best. I don't really work out yet but I'm not afraid of pain. Bring on the intensity. :) Also, I plan to incorporate anything I start now into my weekly routine from here on out. :)

I know everyone's body responds differently but I'd like to hear what worked for you. Thanks for any input!

I swear you remind me of Jessica from True Blood!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I saw fast results with The Firm work outs.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Bump