Accountability buddy

Options

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    BeUncommon wrote: »
    roz0810 wrote: »

hey hun you're in the right place ❤️ sorry for your loss. amazing job on the weight loss so far though! x

Thank you very much roz, appreciate it xx

you're most welcome ❤️ thank you for sharing and best of luck on the rest of your weight loss journey x
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BeUncommon-glad you’re here!!! So sorry for the heartache you have been facing and the loss of your dad. Everyone here has been very inspiring and there are certain things typed or shared that are way more motivational that the author even knows. Day by day. You are amazing.

Thanks to everyone for encouraging one another. Your words mean more than you know.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello Accountability Buddies!

It’s been awhile since I posted an update or set new goals but I’m finding myself a bit short of time lately. I appreciate the core group keeping us all motivated and welcoming new members! @roz0810 @kstpierre52020

Like many of you, @Cerizez @kiay131982 ... I’m also dealing with a stalled scale; however, I haven’t made any adjustments yet so I’ll need to add more movement. I took a nice walk through a local nature preserve with my family yesterday but plan to get more serious about exercise tomorrow (Monday). Today, it’s raining and I have to get an invoice completed so it will be processed this coming week. It will be important to get my new contracts in place before the state government and university I work for make budget cuts due to lost revenue! Anyway, once I can get my finances set for the coming months, I’ll feel more comfortable focusing on increased exercise. We’ll be paying two college tuition bills instead of one this fall so I’ve made peace with the slower weight loss in order to meet broader family goals ... but I’m determined to manage both!!

So, Monday begins my attempt at balancing multiple goals at the same time ...

Instead of planning specific exercise time, which has been difficult to carve out - I’m going to try to build movement into my day. I’ll try moving during virtual meetings like @kiay131982 is doing, and I’ll try to be really active while getting housework done. I hope this new approach works so I can feel ‘caught up enough’ to focus on myself again. I definitely need to gradually put my own needs first but, right now, my need is to lighten the clutter in order to get rid of distractions ... and, ultimately, I hope it leads to lighter body weight! Hold me accountable!!

Thanks for all your inspiration and great ideas @mnalsa83 @camillasmith1987 (& both of you for the work you do on the frontline of the crisis!) @jvando74 @Cerizez @renaegry, strength and bravery (@BeUncommon carrying on your Dad’s legacy through your character!) and good advice @fairestthings and too many others to name! Shoutouts to all for your good work and dedication to keep improving. As I’ve heard: “Every morning we’re born again. What we do today matters most” ... So much for my commitment to starting tomorrow 🤣😂🤣!

Best wishes to everyone and let us know how we can support you in meeting your goals. What are you working on this week?
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @kiay131982 Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Look forward to getting to know people better x
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me too please 😁 looking for friends to motivate and help keep each other on track
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @Zoejohns91 - Welcome! I don’t know how to add anyone because I just jumped into an existing group and started asking people what their goals are and how they are doing. Feel free to make an individual ‘friend request’ or more, if someone seems to have similar goals or you want to check in more regularly. Someone requested we open our food diaries because that is something that helps some members of the group. So, I opened mine but I’m certainly no role model on balancing macros or ... really anything! I just set my calorie intake for my goal weight so that I build the habit of eating the right amount, etc. I hope to get more refined in the balance as a future step, once I’m closer to my goal weight. Right now, my short-term goal is 145 by the end of May but my scale has stalled at 150 (see above). I think it’s psychological because I seem to plateau at each 5 pound increment.

Anyway, just share a little about yourself (or not!) and tell us your goals (so we can keep each other accountable) .... Then, enjoy the support, inspiration and love from the group ... and give it back if you’re in a good enough place to bring us energy and light! Go get that goal!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all!

I'd like to join and check in with your group.

I'm aiming to lose 20 pounds before the new year. My fitness goal is to get fit enough to join a boxing gym without totally embarrassing myself. As someone who has never run a mile in my life (I did some on an elliptical 8 years ago) or had a gym membership, can't do a real push-up (yet), and can't do a sit-up (yet), I don't feel like I can join any fitness group without a putting myself down and stressing myself out.

Once we're allowed to leave our homes safely, I want to work with a personal trainer to help me learn what exactly my next fitness steps should be.

In the meantime I'll be trying to learn to jump rope in the park!

If anyone has worked with a personal trainer to increase their fitness, let me know how your experience was!
  • jvando74
    jvando74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome @arameni! I’ve been MIA on posting for too long. Definitely let myself skip a bit. I need to get back with you all to help keep me accountable! Took my measurements today. The good news: waist is down an inch! The bad news is the pot belly hasn’t budged. :( I have been all over the place this week with calories and I’m still not getting to bed on time. I need to restart today and be consistent.

Goals for the week:
    *300-500 calories under every night
    *in bed by midnight
    *don't blow it starting Th-we have birthdays in this house 7th, 8th, 11th (mine) and Mother’s Day on the 10th. Yikes!
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!! @Zoejohnse91 welcome!! You dont need joining up to anything, just keep coming on here and update your progress and successess and failures and frustrations too! We are all in the same boat. Feel free to friend add me if you like, my diary is open :)

@PatriceFitnessPal it was me that wanted the diaries open.... I find it so helpful to see people eating real food and succeeding!! So thankyou for being a real person xxx

@arameni welcome!!! Dont worry about not being able to do a push up... Theyre bloody hard!!! :) i work with a PT. Before lockdown I did one small group class with her and one private session a week and I love it. Now its all online so its a bit different as Im not lifting heavy weights at home... But I still love having someone that will push me.

@jvando74 you've got this, come on :) can I ask... Is your 300-500 calorie defecit AFTER the defecit that mfp already gave you when you set your goals?? If so, you may be eating too little and thats why you are finding it hard to stay on track... Once youve let mfp work out your defecit you should try to eat that amount, not drastically under... Or your body will go into stress /starvation mode and losing weight will be even harder!! Xx Better to eat that bit more, lose weight and stay on track. Starving ourselves causes binges and yoyos and the feeling of failure as it isnt sustainable xxxx Sorry to preach... X
  • EarthyEm
    EarthyEm Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @kstpierre52020 - I'm sorry your dad is having to go through chemo, that's tough. It's totally reasonable to live in the moment and ditch tracking sometimes. That's commendable that you're still committed to mfp/weight loss.

If I know what I'm having for dinner, I track the cals before hand. Then I can kind of just set it and forget it, but in my mind, I know how much I'll be having.

I'd say if you want to throw in a beer or two, track it in advance. Or, maybe give yourself the cushion of an extra 200 cals at night for popcorn or beer, and have a sense of what that looks like (2 beers, full bag of popcorn).

For birthdays & special events, I give myself a break from the macros and just stay within the calorie range. 1/3 of the day's calories are on dessert and maybe I'll drink gin instead of beer to keep the cals low, but hey, I stayed within my range! :)

@kiay131982 Thanks for the encouraging words! <3
  • kstpierre52020
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank you guys so much. One more question. Do you guys eat your workout calories?
  • kiay131982
    Options
    I aim to eat about half of mine... But if I know Ive done a hard workout and Im hungry, then I will eat more of them x
  • jvando74
    Options
    So, I think this is a response to @kiay131982 and @kstpierre52020...I think I have my calories set at 1200 and then MFP also does its little thing where it tracks my calories burned through exercise.
    I count my calorie deficit after all those MFP calculations so I end up eating more like 1800-2100 calories per day as I’m burning over 300 most days with my run and other exercise/activity. I’m almost never hungry/starving. I mean, I’m hungry at meal time, but nothing crazy and I’m not starving and denying myself food in between. I actually think my 7am-6:30pm consumption is appropriate and healthy (good amount, nutritious choices), it’s just the after-dinner “reward myself for getting through the day” sweets that kill me. I’m definitely not a dieter — food denial is not something I do happily, I also get migraines if I don't eat enough/regularly, so I try to keep my weight stable through exercise. This usually works except now when I need to practice some sugar denial in the evening. Just need to break the evening sugar binge habit...getting there!
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I need this. I can do well for a week then fall again. Finally got back on the scale again after binge eating for a week. Time to track and log but I need accountability to keep me away from the binge days/weeks
  • kstpierre52020
    Options
    Thank you guys. Your input is insightful. It hit me this morning- anything you want you have to work for. I don’t always want to work out but I do because it’s become my habit- and I never think- boy I wish I hadn’t done that.
    I don’t always feel like working on relationships but I do because they matter.
    I dont always feel like doing job work, but it’s great when I get the reward.
    I think i need to take this same approach with the food side of health- there is space for a break but on a regular basis I need to make good choices even when I dont feel like it. I’ll never wake up the next day and think- I wish I didn’t make that good food choice!
    So much if this is mental, but finding the right head space is important -thank you for supporting me and each other’s here!!!

AprilSue welcome!
    Jvando, kiay, earthyem- thank you all
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Morning all!!

Had an offish day yesterday, still tracked but our day didnt go to plan and we all kinda lost the will a bit and didnt make great food choices.
    Back on it with a vengeance today though!!

Have a good day everyone :)
  • jvando74
    Options
    Hi guys! I hit the mark yesterday (Monday) with calories and bedtime — it felt so good! I’m a bit off today with both, but nothing crazy. Going to try and regroup tomorrow and hit the mark again. I’m making another cake again, this time for my little guy’s 6th bday on Thursday. This cake is MUCH smaller though, so I’m hopeful it won’t hang around so long. Besides it’s carrot cake, that’s healthy, right?? ;)
  • kstpierre52020
    Options
    Did ok yesterday. Today is birthday here too. Gonna pretrack my day and stick to the plan. Happy birthday to our kiddos!