Accountability buddy

Options

Replies

• kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us are going through the same battle with the scales... However the only way to win through is perseverance. If we stop now that number will definitely go up!!
    Im going to keep super focussed for the next couple of days.... Get my macros back on track again (although I havent eaten over cals my macros have slipped this week), drink my water and keep moving. I upped my step goal on my fitbit a bit... I decided everytime I hit my step goal consistently for 14 days then Im going to up it, to keep making myself move. Im working from home but make a fair lot of phone calls.... So one way I get lots of steps is to not sit down when Im on the phone.. Just keep on moving! :)
    I am also going for a run today.... I have a new running belt that I am excited to try out :)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cerizez- love your sense check. What a healthy perspective. Inspiring

Yesterday I tracked most. It was a different day with lots of opportunities to just guess or not worry about it. But I looked things up, created recipes, etc. think I did ok given the circumstances.
    Good luck again today, everyone!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Morning all!!!

Hope you are all doing ok?
    Im looking forward to my workout this morning... Feeling ready to push my body a bit today as I dont feel like Ive exhausted it since my long run last weekend.
    Weigh in day tomorrow too so this is my last day to move as much as possible and work on getting those scales moving downwards:)
  • Melissa_15_Inness
    Melissa_15_Inness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also looking for an accountability buddy if anyone is up for it?

Stay strong people, you got this 😀
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    3 day smoothie detox finished but still having a smoothie daily because I love them. Getting some exercise on the Nintendo switch but not much. At least I'm moving a bit, better than nothing!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Welcome @Melissa_15_Inness!! Feel free to add me as a friend :)

Did a couple of classes back to back with my PT this morning and was properly shaky afterwards!! Feel really good now though!! Planning a walk after dinner and then just need to keep good all evening so that tomorrows weigh in is as good as it can be :)
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Keep on pushing through, friends. I don’t know how long each have been at this, but I remember seeing something that in two weeks you see a difference, in four weeks those closest to you see a difference and in six to eight weeks strangers can see the difference. I find this really motivating!

Ran this morning, which was great. I mean I can’t run all in one go yet haha but it felt good to get it done before breakfast and homeschooling. Been doing decently. I went a smidge over yesterday having a glass of chocolate milk 😬 and fell asleep with the kids during our read aloud time in lieu of a workout. But, it’s a marathon, not a race, right?
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Morning all!!
    After my frustration on the scales last week, this week I lost 2 1/4lbs, so that feels good! Total of 9 1/4lb in the four weeks since I refocussed :)
    And I hit my first mini target of 5% of my body weight.... Going to set my next target to lose another 4 3/4lb as that will have taken me to a stone!

Its long run day today, so out for another 10k later. Might throw some surf strength training in today too as I didnt get it done on Wednesday.

What are your weekend goals???
  • roz0810
    Options
    Woop amazing work kiay!! Im staying below calorie goal and exercising.
  • camillasmith1987
    camillasmith1987 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am seeking some support after falling off the wagon. I am an RN working nights on a COVID ward and am dealing with stress and anxiety by doing Les Mills on demand. Last night was so bad I ate cake, cheese and chocolate. Scale is up by 2lbs and I feel like I have ruined my work this week. Help!
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry I have been MIA this week. I'll have to sit down and read through several pages and really catch up.

Work has picked up, they are talking about allowing surgeries to take place again, so we are hoping we can get back to normal.

Today is a beautiful day & I am going to enjoy it being outside in our yard with my family. We made a great BBQ style meal (homemade onion rolls, beef & gravy, potato and pasta salad) set up yard games and gonna have fun.

How about you?
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    https://step.bet/rnPegHUB75

If anyone is interested. I am trying this for the first time. Starts tomorrow.
  • aperfecttouch4474
    aperfecttouch4474 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a active member please feel free to add me... I need the motivation!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    @camillasmith1987 Hi!! Thankyou for all the amazing work you are doing. I think under the circumstances giving in to some stress is understandable!! You havent undone all your hard work, the foundations are still there and you are still building on them x one bad day does not a disaster make.... Youve got this xxx

@aperfecttouch4474 welcome!!!

Had a bit of a treat day yesterday, stayed under my limits but didnt make the best food choices.... Didnt feel great for it!!
    Going to eat better today and feel better for it :)
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    would love to join you all and please feel free to add me. A little about me.

I'm 51, married and have a 15 year old daughter. I am originally from Canada but live in the UK. I have had trouble with my weight my entire life and have tried every diet which always ends badly with gaining the weight back and more. I have been on MFP for awhile but had left for years and now I am back. My starting weight back was 427lbs and I am currently (weigh in today) 361.8lbs I am very happy with my weight loss so far but think it would be great to meet new friends on here and hopefully inspire each other. I know I have A LOT of weight to lose but just trying to do it with small goals.

I am classed as morbidly obese and that title makes me feel ill. I have always hated it but had done nothing about it. I have type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea. I have very low mobility, not only because of my weight but it certainly makes it so difficult. I have had a knee replacement a few years ago and am in need of another on my other leg but have been trying to hold off getting it done as I am not really that happy with the replacement I have had. The knee is bone on bone now so wont be able to put it off much longer.

To make things worse I just lost my Dad 3 days before my birthday and while in lock down. he has been battling cancer for quite along time but things were starting to get worse. I started crash dieting trying to lose some weight to get on the plane to fly home. (flying at my weight is so difficult) We had just come back from Canada in August 2019. Once the cancer had gone to his brain we all knew there was not time left and then I was unable to fly due to the corona virus lock-down. This was the strongest, bravest man I have ever met and it just destroyed me. I still find it hard to talk about without completely breaking down but I am determined to lose this weight that has held me back for years. I only wish he could have been around to see me do it.

So sorry for the long post. In short, I have a lot of weight to lose and could use all the support I can get.
  • spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If people are still seeking buddies please add me.
  • roz0810
    Options
    BeUncommon wrote: »
    would love to join you all and please feel free to add me. A little about me.

I'm 51, married and have a 15 year old daughter. I am originally from Canada but live in the UK. I have had trouble with my weight my entire life and have tried every diet which always ends badly with gaining the weight back and more. I have been on MFP for awhile but had left for years and now I am back. My starting weight back was 427lbs and I am currently (weigh in today) 361.8lbs I am very happy with my weight loss so far but think it would be great to meet new friends on here and hopefully inspire each other. I know I have A LOT of weight to lose but just trying to do it with small goals.

I am classed as morbidly obese and that title makes me feel ill. I have always hated it but had done nothing about it. I have type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea. I have very low mobility, not only because of my weight but it certainly makes it so difficult. I have had a knee replacement a few years ago and am in need of another on my other leg but have been trying to hold off getting it done as I am not really that happy with the replacement I have had. The knee is bone on bone now so wont be able to put it off much longer.

To make things worse I just lost my Dad 3 days before my birthday and while in lock down. he has been battling cancer for quite along time but things were starting to get worse. I started crash dieting trying to lose some weight to get on the plane to fly home. (flying at my weight is so difficult) We had just come back from Canada in August 2019. Once the cancer had gone to his brain we all knew there was not time left and then I was unable to fly due to the corona virus lock-down. This was the strongest, bravest man I have ever met and it just destroyed me. I still find it hard to talk about without completely breaking down but I am determined to lose this weight that has held me back for years. I only wish he could have been around to see me do it.

So sorry for the long post. In short, I have a lot of weight to lose and could use all the support I can get.

hey hun you're in the right place ❤️ sorry for your loss. amazing job on the weight loss so far though! x
  • BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »

hey hun you're in the right place ❤️ sorry for your loss. amazing job on the weight loss so far though! x

Thank you very much roz, appreciate it xx

• kiay131982
    Options
    @BeUncommon welcome to the group. So sorry for your loss, you are so brave to come and share your story.
    Small goals are great, they help keep you motivated and on track rather than deflated and defeated xxxx you can do this!!!

@spiritbrat welcome :) feel free to post your goals and plans!!