Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you make exercise fun?

I like to watch a movie while I ride my exercise bike or I do exercises during commercials in TV shows. When I have a distraction, I forget that I'm actually working out and the time goes by faster.

I used to exercise during Everybody Loves Raymond because it was on at the same time every weekday and it made me laugh so I had lots and lots of endorphins and was feeling great about myself by the time I was done exercising.

So, what works for you?

Replies

• I totally steal my roommate's iphone every night when I go to the gym so I can watch tv on Netflix. GUILTY! I'm almost done with the entire Charmed series because of it. =P
  • Love love LOVE Just Dance for the Wii. I have a body bugg and can easily burn 300 to 350 calories in 45 minutes just dancing away. I also like Golds Gym Dance workout too.
  • At the gym I go to, the ellipticals and treadmills all have their own TV screens. I watch Food Network. :)
  • I have all sorts of TV shows that I haven't watched in ages on my Tivo that I save for my workout time. Otherwise, I load up tons of dance music (I'm all about Pitbull right now) and take the dog out to the neighborhood and walk/run to a fast fun beat!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    music...music...music...did i say music! lol
  • Since I love dancing so I buy dance workout videos & whenever I do it, I don't feel like I'm working out anymore.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    One of my best friends is my workout partner. We follow the TurboFire program and LOVE dancing it out with Chalene!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Don't do mindless exercise. Do activities you enjoy, and dont think of it as burning calories! Just do what you enjoy! Like me, i do Badminton and DDR, both of which i do as i enjoy it. Calories burned are a by-product!
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    I listen to Doctor Who audio plays and while I exercise is the only time I do it. So I look forward to it every day.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    I run out in the great outdoors with music. I can't stomach the dreadmill!! :bigsmile:
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    What are some of your favorite dance workout dvds? I've been doing Zumba but I can feel a change needs to happen because it's getting boring. :yawn:
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    I get outside on my bike or go walking in the bush while listening to audiobooks and podcasts.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    How do you make exercise fun? Watch someone else workout while you chomp on a cheesesteak with fried onions then wash it down with an ice cold milkshake!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Zumba and Kickboxing are fun as hell. Those are the two days a week I really look forward to.
    And when I go to the gym at night, the tv by my favorite treadmill shows that Anderson Cooper guy, and he usually talks about something interesting enough to keep me going.
    When I run, I listen to music I love...so it's alright, and on the rower, I can see everything, so I watch everyone.

But when I get myiPad, I'm going to take it so I can watch TV. :D
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Also, I like biking. Going really fast around sharp turns is fun, especially when it's cold. It's refreshing.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    I just general enjoy working out. Plus Shaun T and Tony Horton keep me entertained!
  • ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Turbo Jam!! I absolutely love it! Never gets boring :) And it's like a punch, kick, kickboxing, dance workout. Did I say I LOVE IT! :)
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    I try to stick to things I actually enjoy doing, like riding my bike. When I can't do that I keep the iTunes handy...