What book are you reading?

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    I've had this book for a while due to a previous occupation. But, due to recent events figured I'd start reading it...

51DIHM9MUGL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Glute Lab... the 100-million things you never wanted to know about glutes, followed by some exercises. Bloody books weighs 10-lbs.

tnr7rsfimkgw.png
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    "The Museum of Desire" (Jonathan Kellerman)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    monstressbookonecover-690x1024.jpg
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    K2: The 1939 Tragedy
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    Defending Jacob
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    y7vznydi4hvh.jpeg
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    What Does Somebody Have to Do to Get a Job Around Here? - Cynthia Shapiro
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    I'm rereading old hardbacks, just finished a Mary Higgins Clark and am reading Contagion by Robin Cook (the plague spreads from a a medical community sabotaging patients). Next up is Dean Koontz. I'd ordered Atomic Habits from the library but it's obviously not coming in for awhile so I'm flipping through checked out Skinnytaste cookbooks.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm reading a book called "A Beginning at the End", which I put on hold at the library months ago. I picked it up a couple weeks ago, completing forgetting what it was about.

Turns out it's about society after a pandemic wiped out about 30% of the world's population. I mean, what are the odds of that?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    I just finished "Sex at Dawn" and moved on to "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *kitten*" while procrastinating getting to "The Energy Bus" for work.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    I'm reading a book called "A Beginning at the End", which I put on hold at the library months ago. I picked it up a couple weeks ago, completing forgetting what it was about.

Turns out it's about society after a pandemic wiped out about 30% of the world's population. I mean, what are the odds of that?

How coincidental... or empathic that you somehow knew you'd need it. Maybe there's something in the book that will be of use to you now? Odd how those things happen.
  • KosmosKitten
    Still reading cat books.

24892804._UY1500_SS1500_.jpg
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,294 Member
    Lee Child. "The Enemy"
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    The Orchardist.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited May 2020
    Where The Crawdads Sing
    Really good book.
    Right after that one I read The Silver Star by Jeanette Walls, not as good as her book The Glass Castle but still worth the read.
    Currently reading The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian. Not bad but haven't gotten halfway through yet.
  • Solamer
    Solamer Posts: 67 Member
    Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Red Rising by Pierce Brown

Very Hunger Games esque. He's a good story teller, but I think he needs to reach for more emotional depth. I'm not quite getting all the feelz a really good book makes you feel.
  • KosmosKitten
    11298.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ctjcqcxphd1965.jpg?w=584