Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Struggling to find breakfast ideas I like that aren’t super obvious..

2»

Replies

• Changeling34Changeling34 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Blueberry and banana porridge bars. https://www.sneakyveg.com/blueberry-and-banana-porridge-bars/ I made some last week which was really easy under 30 mins. Made 10 portions, worked it out at 144 calories per portion. They are surprisingly delicious. I froze most of them to keep but have been taking them out the night before and having 2 for breakfast so will have to make some more. When I get back to work after lockdown they are going to be a time saving, healthy god send.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,454 Member Member Posts: 5,454 Member
    My unconventional breakfast (unless you live in asia). Instant Indomie noodles pimped up with boiled frozen prawns and leftover peas.
    jdpz2vggqf4i.jpg

• MeganD1704MeganD1704 Member Posts: 633 Member Member Posts: 633 Member
    My go to staples:

Protein Oats: 1/3c quick oats- 1 to 1/2 scoop protein powder (depending on type and calorie allowance), 1 c frozen fruit. Add hot water-mix well-microwave 2 minutes when ready to eat. Its nice because you can change the flavor quick and easily when bored- I just finished my chocolate powder and have switched to cookies and cream as we are also sheltering in (my husbands preferred protein flavor) and it's totally a game changer in taste again.

Hardboiled eggs

Breakfast wrap- low cal wrap, egg and meat (kinda like a buritto), spinach

The egg muffins everyone is talking about or egg loaf and just change the toppings

Depending on your calorie limit/goals- breakfast egg mc muffin homemade-they freeze very well

When I am in a pinch/on the road for work:
    Sausage+ Cheese Package
    Actual egg muffin from somewhere
    Quest bar
  • Armygirlarmyof1Armygirlarmyof1 Member, Premium Posts: 26 Member Member, Premium Posts: 26 Member
    Apple cinnamon quinoa breakfast: 1/2c quinoa 1.5 c water. 2 large apples peeled and cut into bite size pieces. Cook 20 to 30 minutes until apples are soft. Add cinnamon and hunny. You can also add berries and banana to it as well. 2 servings are 248 calories. High in protein and fiber.
  • phildog50phildog50 Member Posts: 22 Member Member Posts: 22 Member
    Turkey sausage microwave patty + cheese + egg with or without an English muffin = 2 min. breakfast sandwich that's better than any fast food.
  • Dame_sans_merciDame_sans_merci Member Posts: 74 Member Member Posts: 74 Member
    Smoked Salmon & light soft cheese bagel thin with tomato & cucumber

The evening before bake some sliced tomatoes and sliced mushrooms in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian herbs, chilli flakes if you like a kick. Cook some lean sausages/veggie sausages and chop them up in a bowl with the tomatoes and mushrooms and you can reheat when you get into work

Ham and tomato between two slices of cold toast

Make some scrambled egg in microwave at work or buy one of those microwave omelette dishes

Make a huge frittata type dish with plenty of roasted veg (peppers, mushrooms, butternut squash) and shredded lean meat (roast the veg first to dry them out and reduce the amount of water that would leak out during baking of frittata), cut into big wedges, or make in individual muffin cases.
  • lissababelissababe Member Posts: 38 Member Member Posts: 38 Member
    Savory cottage cheese. Cottage cheese with tomato, avocado, and cucumber. Salt and pepper. You can eat it with crackers or alone.
  • lhege123lhege123 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    A lot of good ideas already mentioned. One more that's a bit of fun is a recipie I got from Darbee (a good sorce for a few recipies) for "breakfast cake", which is a healthy version of a chocolate cake that can be eaten for breakfast. It's very easy to make and slightly toasted with some jam or peanut butter is a refreshing change from toast.

https://darebee.com/recipes/chocolate-cake.html

Diclaimer: It doesn't taste exactly like a regular cake, but I still like it and it's chocolaty, and is just kinda nice to start the day with a piece of cake and none of the guilt. 100% worth a try

TIP: you can make it in a loaf pan so you can slice it for the toaster if thats easier.
  • SweatsOnSundaySweatsOnSunday Member Posts: 484 Member Member Posts: 484 Member
    These are all great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
  • Sakura_TreeSakura_Tree Member Posts: 137 Member Member Posts: 137 Member
    cold bacon and hard boiled egg will keep you full for quite a while, maybe have some fruit with it if you like.
  • kristingjertsenkristingjertsen Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Pick a protein (for me yesterday Applegate Farms chicken breakfast sausage (45 calories) and 1 whole egg plus an egg white scrambled (90 calories ), and either a cup of fruit or two veggies ( I had a cup of spinach and two Compari tomatoes so less than a 100 calories but a lot of nutritional bang for your buck). I will add a thin slice of whole wheat bread with a tsp of Earth balance if I am very hungry. I have a cup of coffee with soymilk, stevia and a dollop of cocowhip and a dusting of cocoa powder in the mid-morning. One thing that really helps me stay on track is that I have a dairy allergy and most of the goodies in the break room or a restaurant are off limits for me. find a combo you like, mix it up a little for variety, and get into an eating routine.
  • rosebarnalicerosebarnalice Member Posts: 2,826 Member Member Posts: 2,826 Member
    I'm a big savory oatmeal fan. I love mushrooms, spinach and diced tomatoes with nutritional yeast. Another fave is bok choy, onions, mushrooms and curry.

I also make batches of breakfast burritos (sans eggs) and keep them in my office freezer.
  • sheilaarsenault74sheilaarsenault74 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    I have been making a keto chaffle for breakfast and topping it with garlic fried mushrooms and wilted spinach on top. So delicious and very low calories.
  • acrylicfoxacrylicfox Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    I like to cut the seeded bottom off a butternut squash/pumpkin then slice the rest (in thin slices) so it resembles a slice of bread but half as thick, I then toast it in the toaster like normal (on the highest setting for about 2-3 repeats) I like 'em spread with peanut butter but you can top with whatever, sweet or savory toppings work. (I don't peel it or use any oil)
    edited November 23