SBF March 3rd

Options
Good morning! :flowerforyou: Wow, not even 8:30 and I don't know what to do with myself. So I didn't get up as early as I am supposed to, but only 15 min shy! This extra 45 min in my day is going to be huge. It helps I don't have to work this morning too! :laugh:

So I did 30 min on my gazelle last night; went ok except for sporadic coughing spells. Then some toning for my legs/butt. Going for a repeat performance this morning then a doc appt this afternnon in the middle of my work day.

Has everyone else checked in with March goals?
1) no additional cheese
2) get up 6:45am
3) 145 by 16th
4) break 140 by end of month
5) kick this bug!

Have a great day ladies! :drinker:

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Good morning! :flowerforyou: Wow, not even 8:30 and I don't know what to do with myself. So I didn't get up as early as I am supposed to, but only 15 min shy! This extra 45 min in my day is going to be huge. It helps I don't have to work this morning too! :laugh:

So I did 30 min on my gazelle last night; went ok except for sporadic coughing spells. Then some toning for my legs/butt. Going for a repeat performance this morning then a doc appt this afternnon in the middle of my work day.

Has everyone else checked in with March goals?
    1) no additional cheese
    2) get up 6:45am
    3) 145 by 16th
    4) break 140 by end of month
    5) kick this bug!

Have a great day ladies! :drinker:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    My March goals are: no cow's cheese, no added sugar, no desserts. Any weight loss will make me happy.

So yesterday's easy day didn't happen - 2.5 hours yoga, 1 hour bike ride - I rode my bike to the library and to yoga. I just read the carbon footprint article in National Geographic, so I was trying to reduce my car miles. I'm not sure what I'm doing today. Maybe gym and some more yoga. I might try out a new place for yoga - since my teacher only offers two classes a week. I could do it by myself, and I really should - it's really the only way I'm going to challenge myself.

Right now, 20 mph winds are predicted for Saturday :sad: - well, at least that would make the last 1/2 of the ride easier. Hopefully the forecast will change.

Happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm making new goals for March now.

I'm still not broken of my habit of eating in front of the TV, so I'm renewing my pledge to eat only fruit and vegetables in front of the TV. I'm giving myself one "treat" in this department, which will be a popcorn night. Other than that, I'm sitting down at a table.

I'm aiming for two yoga sessions a week, two weight sessions a week and four cardio sessions a week. That allows for one full day off a week, and one recovery cardio day of lighter intensity.

I'm really frustrated. I am starting to believe in a set point. For three months I barely worked out, ate terribly and weighed 144 pounds. For the past month, I've only missed one workout, stayed under 1700 net calories a day and weigh. . .144 pounds. For the past year or so, it seems like no matter what I do I hover around this weight. I really, really want to be 135, or at least feel a little less "squishy". I've tried eating more, I've tried eating less, I've given up entire food groups for months at a time, I've tried exercising more/differently and less/differently. I have a friend with cystic ovaries, and she told me her doctor put her on a 1000 calorie a day diet to lose weight. . .and told her that the PCOS made her "tend toward obesity". So, I guess the consolation is that I'm decidedly not obese. . .but I could not do the 1000 calorie thing. I just couldn't. Grrr. . . .a raging case of the unfairs!

Sigh.

Anyways, I am excited today, because I'm having my first bartered training session with my old trainer. And, I am excited because I am so much healthier than I used to be. So, those are my positive thoughts for the day. . .Oh, and the sun is out, so that's good, right?

Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    My Goals:
    - 3 inches on my weights
    - 5 lbs
    Keeping up with 45 min each time on the cross trainer (tuesdays and fridays)
    Working out at LEAST 1 hour every weekday at the gym...
    Watching my calorie intake on the weekends!!!
    No Bread
    Not as much cheese
    MORE WATER!!

Whooo thats a lot on my plate... <crossing my fingers> to stay with it!

{ I got a new pic} :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, yeah, Mary. Yoda is my guru. I realized that re-watching Empire for the four thousandth (approximate) time. I also hear Yoda's voice in my head every time I say I'm going to "try" and do something. There is no try. . .there is only do and not do. There is no try.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, Mary. Yoda is my guru. I realized that re-watching Empire for the four thousandth (approximate) time. I also hear Yoda's voice in my head every time I say I'm going to "try" and do something. There is no try. . .there is only do and not do. There is no try.:wink:

We quote that all the time - although we have a cat we call Tri short for Triangles - "There is no Tri????"

I'm also going to do lots of yoga this month, to see if I can progress any, and to see if I want to go through a teacher training (and drop $3000!!! for it).
    There's a movie coming out April 1st :huh: called "Enlighten Up" - it's a documentary about a guy that did 6 months of immersing himself in yoga. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and welcome back from your trip?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Howdy,
    Not much news here. Feeling lazy still but I will do something today. I need to. Took Alex to his last tumbling class for three weeks so that will give me an extra morning to get stuff done.
    I haven't set my goals for March. I am considering a fast again but I am not sure for how long or to fast what. I will think about that. I may just fast one day a week (for spiritual reasons) or fast a food for the rest of the month. My sugar cravings are back. Actually I'm also wanting to eat salty stuff. I've really got to get back into the program.
    V, glad you are back. I hope you can find a groove soon that works for you. I'm struggling with the same thing but I'm not really trying either. :laugh: I deserve not to lose right now but you work your rear off so you deserve to lose weight.
    Mary, I hope you still have a good bike ride on Saturday even with the wind! The winds have picked up this week, just when it gets warm enough to do some painting on my car.
    AD, Let us know what the doctor says about the pain in your chest. I hope you find some relief soon!
    Karen, I know you are around somewhere. I hope you are doing well and able to get some exercise in.
    Anyone else I missed?
    Csmith, cute picture! Those are good goals!
    See you all later.
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I just got back from my session. . .and my trainer is amazing. . .I forgot.

We worked my triceps to failure . . .here's how:

1 set tricep kickbacks (15, 10 lb weights)
    1 set tricep dips on the bosu ball (15)
    Holding a tricep pushup (crocodile pose) for 30 seconds
    going from pushup position to plank position and then back again ten times.
    You feel like you weigh approximately four thousand pounds during the last thing. . .I was laughing because it felt so funny. I described it as trying to walk when your foot's asleep. . .

We repeated that circuit three times, and the last time I couldn't complete the plank/pushup switcheroo. . .I just collapsed.

Because I am a weirdo, I think collapsing is awesome.:tongue:

The sun is out and I feel better. Thank God.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I managed to jog for 30 minutes. My right upper arm is hurting today like a pinched nerve. I hope it's better by tomorrow so I can do push ups.
    I know running on the wii doesn't count like actual running but I do sweat! I was running fast enough to chase one of the dogs and it took me to the edge of the cliff to jump off! It was weird. Obviously you land okay and keep running but it was just weird.
    I'm going to go work on my Russian now.
    MM