How do you season air-popped popcorn without using an artifi

I'd like to make some air-popped popcorn and I bought some white cheddar seasoning. I haven't figured out yet how to get the seasoning to stick to the popcorn. I don't really want to use an artifical spray like "I can't believe its not butter". Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Replies

• jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    I've always used butter flavored Pam, but maybe you won't like that either. I'd like to know another way, too, if there is one.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I'd love an idea too since popcorn will be one of my college staples. I would like to put cinnamon on it.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    If you don't go crazy with the spray-oils, the calories are negligible. I suggest spray-canola - it's pretty flavorless, so it won't interfere with other seasonings (like cheese-flavor, southwest flavor, etc).

Good luck!
  • I use 1tbsp coconut oil in a pan with one scoop of popcorn. I pop it then lightly sprinkle sea salt on it. Yummy!!!:love:
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    I personally squirt it with water.

Not too much or else it gets soggy though! :frown:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I would put the kernels in a bag with a little olive oil. Shake them around until they're coated and then add your flavoring and shake, then pop. You won't need much oil and since olive oil is really good for you there's no need to worry about the few calories.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    The same company that makes the seasoning makes an aerosol spray to e it stick. You have to season fast before it dries though.
  • Thanks everyone. I was wondering about the water and wasn't sure. I think I'll try that first. I may try the coconut oil or olive oil. I'm trying to stay away from canola oil. I did see some popping corn oil but not too sure about ingredients.
  • Try Old Bay seasoning. I never have to put anything on it to make it stick, it is super delicious! Here's a link:

http://www.oldbay.com/Products/Old-Bay-Seasoning.aspx