Went down 2 jean sizes but no weight or inches lost

Options
So I recently gave birth in November and since then have been trying to get my body back. In a months time I went from a size 18 to 16 in jeans . However I’ve lost no weight, I’ve actually gained 2lbs, and lost no inches. I don’t know what Is going on and how to make the weight drop even though I’m eating healthy and excerising . Can someone help

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Are they the exact same brand and cut? Even within the same brand and cut I can wear different sizes.

Are you using a food scale and accurately logging everything you eat?
    And, are you still breastfeeding? I wasn't able to lose weight while I was nursing.
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Both from H&M . I don’t have a food scale but when I’m home I do use my measuring cup when I can n log everything . I could only breast feed for the first 2 months. I even sweat my butt off every other day dancing with Zumba
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    How do the old jeans fit? If they're now quite loose you have your answer... it's working!

Tape measurement can be quite inaccurate as it depends on how you hold the tape, how much tension is applied, and the exact position the tape is placed on... hard to duplicate a few days later.

Weight measurements can be quite off because of water retention. Your weight level, especially if viewed over 4-6 week time periods MIGHT show more clearly what is happening with your weight.

Obviously measuring food you eat on a scale will be more "accurate". Is it NECESSARY, probably not. Dancing with Zumba and sweating one's **kitten** may be EXCELLENT for health, both physical and mental. Caloric BALANCE (deficit, surplus, even steven) is what will determine long term fat level changes)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    If you lay the jeans flat on top of each other, are they actually a different size? The numbering on size tags is completely wild, they might as well say ”apple” and ”orange” and it would be just as useful as a measurement. I’ve had two of the exact same piece of clothing in the same exact size number from a chain store like H&M and they’re still slightly different in size. Still, congratulations on feeling better, getting to a healthy rhythm and of course having a baby!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If the new jeans are actually smaller than the old and don't fit more tightly, then you've lost inches. I agree with the idea of comparing the jeans to each other.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 pair of the exact some size, brand, and style of jeans, all bought around the same time, and all 3 fit differently - one pair fits fine, the other 2 are too tight. I have jeans in one size in one brand that are still snug in the hips though I need to wear a belt with them; but jeans from another store are one to 2 sizes smaller. Women's clothing sizes are truly all over the place; we can't really say we are in one particular size because it varies so much from store to store to brand to brand to article to article!