Obsessively looking at other people's food diaries on here

Options
Ok - perhaps obsessively is a bit of an over statement. But I do find myself looking at other people's food diaries on here ALL the time. Before I joined MFP I never gave it much thought to be honest, what other people ate within a day.

My question is I suppose, does anyone else do this? (creeping about other people's diaries?!)
I actually find it motivating if I see someone similar to me (height and weight) to see how many calories they eat per day etc.
I also find it good to look at what someone else is eating for meal ideas etc.

Replies

• stella77
    Options
    If it motivates you, why not!

I sometimes have a peak, but I usually feel bad when I see how much kcal people earn from exercise, while I suffer at 1200 kcal because I don't do much exercise at all! :)
  • u04kmm5
    u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    but I usually feel bad when I see how much kcal people earn from exercise

Me too!
  • mikerouse
    mikerouse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find it can be helpful and motivating.

It's also helped me give advice to people who are struggling to keep on track.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some great ideas for my meals and snacks from looking at other people's diaries. And if the diary is open to all/friends then the person in question is happy for you to look!
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    I like looking at the diaries as well, gives me some ideas of what to have,
    but ppl from America their diaries make me a little upset, coz their food sounds yum, and we cant get them here in UK
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Without hesitation. Actually a bit slighty sad when I can't. The whole purpose here is to learn and better yourself. I understand that this is the internet and there are creepy people deep inside it's circuits. But, this MFP website is awsome. I try to learn from everybody here. If I see some dude with ripped abs, I see me in that picture. I want to know the secret to his success. Emulation is a sign of respect. The french call it an Omage.

I wish MFP had an erea that you could meet like minded people, besides putting up a request and see what you get.. I know what I look like and I want to achieve the next level. Well, nuf said. Open up your food diary. Please.
  • u04kmm5
    u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like looking at the diaries as well, gives me some ideas of what to have,
    but ppl from America their diaries make me a little upset, coz their food sounds yum, and we cant get them here in UK

Haha I have noticed this also
    Trader Joe's comes up a lot.
  • anjulie787
    anjulie787 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    yup! but most of my friends have closed dairies!! I have a open dairy so it motivates me to eat better.
    Anyone who has an open dairy feel free to add me and you are welcome to peek and comment on my dairy anytime :)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I also like looking at peoples diaries. It is a great motivator and gives good ideas for meals etc. I have had mine open from the beginning and I openly admit I don't always eat the healthiest, don't always stay within my calories and sometimes eat just downright stupid things. Personally (and maybe I am deluding myself here:wink: ) I think that is what most people do. We're human...we aren't going to be perfect every day. Unfortunately for awhile mine was atrocious. I am back on track now and I think if it weren't for MFP I wouldn't have gotten back.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I take a peak all the time at everyones diaries but mostly to give me new ideas of healthy things to eat for snack or whatever.