Losing weight

Options
Snookie072
Snookie072 Posts: 1 Member
How is it that I’m trying to eat right and stay under my calories that the scale is still staying at the same number and not changing,

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There is few reasons.

1. You may not have much weight to lose and a reasonable amount of weight loss is .5lbs per week.
    2. You are experiencing water retention that is masking loss, from higher sodium, higher carbs, hormones or new exercise.
    3. You are eating more then you think, you need to make sure that you are using a food scale and using correct database entries from the usda or directly from the packaging using gram weight, no measuring cups, logging each item separately.

Weight loss isnt linear and you can not have change for weeks and its normal

Also you may have a function on your scale that automatically stops slight weight changes, try standing on it with something heavy before standing on it regularly
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Two guesses.....
    Less than a month - impatience.
    More than a month - eating more than you think.

But if you want more than a guess you need to give people some data to work with.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    sll6d592q760.jpg
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Snookie072 wrote: »
    How is it that I’m trying to eat right and stay under my calories that the scale is still staying at the same number and not changing,

How much weight are you trying to lose?
    How long have you been eating this way?
    How long has the scale been stuck on one number?
    How do you measure your portions?