One Year Ago Today

Options
tndunn5215
tndunn5215 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2020 in Success Stories
One year ago today I did something I typically avoided - I stepped on the scale and was confronted with the fact that I was the heaviest I had ever been. Later that day, while flying to a conference, I saw an ad on Facebook for Noom and decided to give it a try. I made small goals and refocused my lifestyle toward healthy eating and more movement. After 6 months I transitioned to using My Fitness Pal and FitBit to keep me accountable. I still have more to lose and need to focus on increasing the frequency and intensity of exercise. It hasn’t been easy, but I’m proud of my progress so far. 366 days in (it was leap year this year 😉) and I’ve lost 35% of my starting weight and am down 99.6 pounds. My journey is not over. It’s just beginning.

Age - 46
Height - 5’ 7”
SW - 284.4 - 4/15/2019
CW - 184.8 - 4/15/2020
GW - 155

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You got this! Great work👏
  • cnred_06
    cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • Leticiafiona
    Leticiafiona Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's life changing, isn't it?
  • ec707
    ec707 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Did Noon help a lot? I hAve been thinking about it but it is a bit costly. I have yo yo with weight and wanted to see if this would help how I approach weight lots
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. So inspiring :)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Congratulations!

I just started Noom. I love the psychology and behavior change aspect. I prefer logging here because the database is more accurate and robust. When my subscription is up in November I'll be back here full time.
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations keep up the amazing work!
  • TexasAggie1280
    TexasAggie1280 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! You must feel proud looking back and seeing all the results!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job... Taking one day at a time... Thats all we can do
  • JamiHudsonCraig
    JamiHudsonCraig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m so grateful you shared this. You inspire me to believe that I can say the same next year.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!