Laughing Cow Pasta??

Options
2»

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    This is actually a really good idea, going to try it on chicken breast and make an alfredoish sauce since I can never fit pasta lol
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Credit for this goes to someone else - use the laughing cow wedges and sprinkle some nutritional yeast in at the end. It adds lots of cheesy flavor. Start light and weigh it since it does have calories and can be strong tasting. If you use it on the shirataki soy noodles it's really low cal
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've never tried laughing cow on pasta. I'll have to test that out sometimes. I usually buy the knock-off Laughing Cow wedges from Aldi though.

I do use them in baked potatoes though. Delicious.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Barf. Sorry, I could not imagine ruining perfectly good pasta with the grossest substance known to ... self...
    I'd much rather make real mac and cheese.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Not that different from classic cacio e pepe. In it's purest form just finely grated pecorino, toasted black pepper and starchy pasta water, so less calorific than a lot of pasta with cheese sauce recipes. Technically trickier than melting laughing cow though, as cacio e pepe tends to split if the ingredients are not all at the right temperature.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2016/nov/03/how-to-make-the-perfect-cacio-e-pepe
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It’s great with spaghetti squash when you sometimes need sheer volume!
  • ritakearney173
    ritakearney173 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wadeeee wrote: »
    I've seen a few posts a while ago, where people were melting Laughing Cow cheese wedges over pasta to make a cheesy pasta sauce. I went grocery shopping yesterday and debated buying the white cheddar wedges to melt over macaroni noodles, but ended up being a chicken and put it back. Has anyone tried it, or have any other ideas for flavor combinations? The only others I found at the store were Swiss and pepper jack, neither of which I can imagine going on pasta. Any ideas are appreciated, friends!!

Yes I do that all the time add some veg or chicken stock and add the cheese triangles I use 2 cheese triangles they are 36kcals each and they melt down and make a lovely sauce.