Where does your mind wonder to while running?

Options
124»

Replies

• VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "Don't trip bro"
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    On a good day, I just enjoy being outside, moving, feeling a breeze ... but I have to be careful because I have a tendency to dwell on the darkness, so on a bad day I fret over whatever is bothering me -- which, of course, I cannot do anything about while jogging.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Well, there was this hole where the rain would get in but I fixed it and now my mind wonders where it will go.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I WISH I could let my mind wander when I run.

I count steps. I am driving myself nuts. If I count to eight 100 times that’s half a mile. So I do it six times. Sometimes I break it into different sets. Sometimes I intentionally miscount, but always to the tune of four or eight.

I’ve had two bad falls since I’ve been running. If I could ever manage to let my mind wander, I’d probably break something. Like the sidewalk. With my face.

This. I do often think about food/what I'm going to cook this week/plan my food diary in my head. But mainly I count my steps. To fifty. Over and over again. No idea how to turn it off, I don't mind it too much though.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My son, who runs with me, doesn't allow my mind to wander anywhere. He has a captive audience so I have no choice other than to listen to him . . . sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it's not. But he always knows whether or not I'm listening. I like to teach my children respect and part of that respect is listening to others so I really have to make an effort to be aware of what he's talking about.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Regular solo runs, like nowhere...just sort of space out...one of the reasons I do it...just to forget about everything.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The audiobook I'm listening to. I can't idle run, not even to music. My me-time usually consists of hobbies that actively engage my attention, so doing nothing and just letting my mind wander is not something I'm used to.

I think about all kinds of stuff while doing all kinds of stuff, but it's mostly passing thoughts usually driven by curiosity, wonder, memories, plans (especially plans). I often quickly return in my head to whatever I was paying attention to.