Ability of this app to support a keto diet

Options
Anyone else using this app while on a keto diet? I’m frustrated that we can’t count net carbs. And if my calories are “too low” I can’t complete my day. Seems a bit controlling and that they don’t like the keto diet. I used this app years ago and thought it would have improved by now. I tried again because it works with my Apple Watch.

Replies

• drewk1
    drewk1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use it while Keto.
    Mainly as a food tracker but here in the UK Carbs are listed as net values.
    I set my daily limits to approx where I should be and it works fine.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When it says "too low" that's because it's too low. It has nothing to do with keto. Any diet can be too low in calories which is unhealthy. Choosing whichever named diet you want to choose does not change the fact that undereating is unhealthy.

Net carbs can easily be counted in one of two ways: use UK entries, or replace the sugar column with fiber - after that it's simple subtraction to get net carbs.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can count net carbs by simply subtracting fibre - that your particular country has perverse/unusual food labelling laws isn't the fault of MyFitnessPal which caters to a global user base.

Criticising the app for trying to keep you safe by reminding you that you are under-eating is a bit bizarre!

You can adjust your macros for a keto diet and many do.
    As the proverb says "a bad workman always blames his tools".
  • Moi_jo
    Moi_jo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use it mainly for balance of my macros doing keto.
    Clicking on complete diary doesn’t make a difference really, it still saves it and I’ve found if I set my weight loss goal to half a pound a week then I have enough calories for my keto diet because you eat a hell of a lot more calories on keto and not too little as your saying.. or are you fasting too?🤷🏻‍♀️