Before and After Pic - 6 months and 47 lbs. lost!

Options
2»

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Thanks for sharing how you achieved your loss. Keep up the great work!
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look wonderful, keep up the good work!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    wonderful transformation! well done!
  • minettc3
    Options
    [quot Well done really inspiring and truthful.
    GREAT JOB!!!! YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! So how did you do it? What were some of your methods for achieving such success? What was your workout styles and routines like?

Two words: baby steps. Setting small, realistic goals has been the driving force behind my nutrition and weight loss. To give you an idea, I started out my weight loss by doing walking several times a week along with cutting back on my portions. I still ate foods that I liked, but not as much in order to create a reasonable deficit each day. After the first couple of weeks, I changed up my routine by incorporating circuit training exercises, but I did it a little at a time. I also started increasing my water intake and slowly replacing foods that a frequently ate with "better quality foods" (i.e. - more organic, whole grain, no processed, healthy fats, low sodium, etc.) The food diary feature has been a God-send - I was so unaware of a lot of the dietary info on foods that I ate frequently. I also want to add that I have also messed up a lot in my diet and exercise. I do not do things perfectly everyday. I am human just like everyone else. Even though I failed a lot, I always learn something from my mistakes and I try to do better the next day. One of the worst things you can do in weight loss is to beat yourself up when you make a mistake to the point that you would rather give up. Don't do that. Instead, examine what you have done right, and think of ways that you can improve and better yourself in the future. Finally, self-disciple and self-control is crucial. If you are adamant about being healthy and living a better life, then your passion and desire will fuel your discipline.

I'm sorry if I sounded too philosophical, but I felt like what I gained from this experience needed to be expressed. Feel free to add me as a friend on MFP and I'll be glad to encourage and help you out in any way I can. I wish you the best of luck in your nutrition and fitness! Keep it up! =)
    [/quote]
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!