*** MAY 2020 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE***😀😀😀

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My name is Donna and I am turning 60 this month. I am from the Midwest USA. 5’ 5

May 8: 207.2 I went up a bit with the travel, but I am working it back down. This is my birthday week. It falls on Mother’s Day Sunday this year. A double holiday for me so I will have to tiptoe very very carefully through this week so I don’t ruin any progress I’ve made including my non-scale victories!
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

• Steph_135
    Options
    Jazzykatt wrote: »
    I’m new here but need some motivation and accountability to stay on track. I have been on a terrible binge for a long while and started a week ago with better eating and exercise. I was out of commission due to knee issues. I started self hypnosis at night and it has helped tremendously with my cravings. Good luck everyone. I look forward to making progress and sharing in your success.

Would you share with me how you are doing the self-hypnosis? :smile:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    May 11:253
    May 15: 250.6: Went for a walk each day this week. Its rough, teaching from home. Used to get 12k steps before leaving school, now get about 1200 unless I am mindful about getting out. 3 mile walk today, 4 miles each yesterday and the day before. Get better internet on the LTE on my phone than I do on my Wifi in my home anyway.

I hear that! I'm a sub teacher, and now I sit all day at home (well, I actually study things and do my own learning while I'm sitting at home, but...). I miss the little kiddos! I've been going for a ton or walks, too.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    seeahill wrote: »
    May 1 : 233

May 8: 235
    (Up 2! Drastic action is called for.)

May 15:228
    (Huh? OK, I lowered my calories and upped my workouts. A little. I don't understand this 7-pound loss. But I'll take it.)

Looks like your DRASTIC ACTION paid off!! :lol: Way to go! I was thinking it was probably just water weight...
  • Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    Jazzykatt wrote: »
    I’m new here but need some motivation and accountability to stay on track. I have been on a terrible binge for a long while and started a week ago with better eating and exercise. I was out of commission due to knee issues. I started self hypnosis at night and it has helped tremendously with my cravings. Good luck everyone. I look forward to making progress and sharing in your success.

Would you share with me how you are doing the self-hypnosis? :smile:

I have been using an App called “Relax and Sleep Well”. There are different sessions that you can choose from. They each cost $2.99. I tend to listen to the one called “Lose Weight Now”. I put headphones on each night and listen to it. It runs about 35 minutes. I usually fall asleep during but it apparently works on your subconscious level. There are free ones on YouTube that you can listen to as well. The important thing is to listen every day. I notice if I stop, I fall back into my bad habits. I have horrible sugar cravings and binge eat. These sessions put my cravings in check. Good luck! Let me know what you think if you decide to try it out.