Fatiguing before running out of breath??? WHY?

Options
Simbii95
Simbii95 Posts: 25 Member
edited May 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well! Ive got this issue thats really annoying me. Ive been doing Insanity and i restarted month 1 as the first time i did it i didn't take it seriously. I just finished my second week today and am noticing that I tire out way before i lose my breath! Can someone please help!! While doing the moves i just feel like i cant go any further but I know for sure that my lungs and heart aren't at their max. Also, as i cant do proper pushups yet (am a male btw) so ive stuck to modifying with knee pushups. Im doing Insanity to lose weight. Hope someone can help me out and offer some guidance cuz im worried what's going on and how can i prevent this! Thank you everyone!! Stay safe and healthy!!

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are fatiguing.
  • Kedikat
    Kedikat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you on a low carb diet? It could be that you're using up your glycogen really quickly and hitting 'the wall'.

It sounds counter intuitive, but it may help to take your intensity down a little, so you can endure a little longer and to encourage your body to be using fat stores rather than glycogen. Lower intensity = more oxygen as you exercise = more likely to access energy from fat than just from glycogen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfncAjPZXc&t=707s
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    How big is your deficit, how much did you tell MFP to do weekly?
    How much weight do you have to lose to healthy weight?

Are you making that deficit even bigger by incorrectly NOT logging your workouts and eating more when you do more?

Huge deficit is great way to make your workouts suck and basically end up wasting time as they'll cause very little improvement since not really pushing at them.

Oh, it feels hard while doing it, but for other reasons than it's a workout for the muscles.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Kedikat wrote: »
    Are you on a low carb diet? It could be that you're using up your glycogen really quickly and hitting 'the wall'.

It sounds counter intuitive, but it may help to take your intensity down a little, so you can endure a little longer and to encourage your body to be using fat stores rather than glycogen. Lower intensity = more oxygen as you exercise = more likely to access energy from fat than just from glycogen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfncAjPZXc&t=707s

He's talking about Insanity though. There really is no low intensity to pushups and pullups ect that are only done for a short time period.

That video is about training for cardio events, not resistance training.

Agree though that low carb eating combined with high carb burn workout will lead to problems.
    As is big deficit that also reduces carbs down to where most are shuttled off to liver and very little left to send to muscles for the next workout.