Spinning - who'da thought?!

Options
A few months ago I started at the gym at work. I started on the treadmill and cross trainer and I have to admit, never enjoyed them, but kept pushing myself as I could see results slowly. I never thought I was a 'class' type person, but one of the girls at work asked me in a weak moment to join her at spinning and I LOVED it. Ok, I don't love it while i'm doing it, but I leave the class feeling good and I look forward to going back. I now even go when my friend isn't there, that's how much I'm enjoying it.

I am now a complete converter to spinning and might even try other classes. I thought I would mix it up today and instead of spin (which i'm doing tomorrow), I thought I would go back on the cross trainer and I hated it. I don't think i'll be back on one again for quite some time! Who would have thought I would enjoy riding a stationary bike and get off the cross trainer that I thought had all the answers? Not me!:noway:

Replies

• chicago_dad
    Options
    Spinning is awesome. It got me into road biking, which is even more awesome. :-)
  • Ha ha, well done! I like to spinning too. Great for fitness as well as burning calories. I do use the cross-trainer as well though - because I can read a book at the same time!
  • Spinning is awesome. It got me into road biking, which is even more awesome. :-)

And you'll be doing a triathlon before you know it!
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am trying a spin class this week, I hope I love it the way you do! Group classes make me nervous, too!!!
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    I just recently started spinning as well! I have only been doing it for about a week buy am already feeling like it is making a difference. It is definitely a challenge but I definitely prefer it over treadmills or elliptical machines.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What is spinning?
  • M155AUS
    M155AUS Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What is spinning?

It's basically a static bike that you apply resistance on. Normally it's run in classes by an instructor who tells you what resistance to work at. Hard work, but you feel great afterwards.
  • un4gvn2
    Options
    I am lucky enough to get to classes 6 days a week - Body Pump and Spinning every other day - LOVE IT !!! You should try other classes - we are all there for the same reason ! Good Luck !!
  • lupolo
    Options
    I love spinning as well, but I would recommend buying a gel saddle cover. It makes a difference.
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am a total spin convert. Was doing it for about a year religiously - and now I do it once a week because I need to switch up my routine. If you find an instructor with awesome music - then continue! Also, I would recommend purchasing the spin shoes (I have Shimanos and I love them) as it makes your time out of the saddle efficient and less stressful on the soles and balls of your feet. Plus you can pull the stirrups up instead of always just pushing down - it really works the quads!
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!! Spinning the best.
  • Leola2011
    Options
    I tried spinning a couple of times and it was miserable for me. You'd think that with all the ample cushioning on my rear end I wouldn't be in pain sitting on that seat. But to me, it was like being impaled on a doorknob!

People said I'd get used to it, but I could never stick with the entire class long enough for all the discomfort.

Hubby and I recently bought mountain bikes and we had to purchase the wider seats.
  • Zyhon
    Zyhon Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm on the edge to buy a home spinning bike. Do you have any suggest under $1000 please?

Thanks a lot