A question for the fellas in these strange, new times...

Options
therealmarceline
therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
So, I got back out there after losing a few pounds back in early March. Tinder was still a thing, dates were still a thing, I met some nice people. Then things got weirder and then awful but, I did actually meet some other guys and had some very pleasant FT dates and some actual "go for a walk in the park" some "bike ride" type dates. Also some "lets get take away and watch tv at your/my place" dates. That was the extent of it.
So, now that things are getting back to "normal" there are two guys whom I really like and hope to see how things could develop. They reciprocate my feelings. My question is, what is the best way to handle the other, really wonderful dudes who still text me wanting to know what I'm up to, if I want to hang out, go for a bike ride, etc. They are all wonderful in their own way and we all helped each other thru this weird *kitten* time but I know I only want to focus on my chosen 2 and see where things go. I don't want to be mean, I don't want to ghost anybody, I don't want to be insulting but I also am not interested in pursuing any other possible matches right now. Guys: what is the best thing for me to text back as responses to all of these perfectly nice fellas??

Replies

• SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't ask dudes for advice about other dudes.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ...... just tell them that you were really hoping to be engaged by Memorial Day, 2020.

This is the only answer.
  • therealmarceline
    Options
    Lmao.... is it bad to say " I met somebody but it was so nice getting to meet you" that sounds so cringe, but thats sincere.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Tell’em the one who pays your credit card bills gets you

LOL
    Ily
  • therealmarceline
    Options
    It just seems awkward to have that as a text reply to someone who I hung out with who is just texting to say "hey, hows it going? Doing anything fun this weekend?" YKWIM?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer, but how are you going to deal with part two of the problem? Getting the two preferred guys down to one eventually?
  • therealmarceline
    Options
    @GoJohnGo71 that's mean, and actually they Did date me so thats kind of the point to my question...
  • therealmarceline
    Options
    @TonyB0588 I think that will just sort itself out. But you raise a good point
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've never been on tinder. I met my husband when MySpace was still a thing, but is there like a status or something you can change, or leave tinder and use another platform to communicate with the two you do like.
  • therealmarceline
    Options
    @harper16 I'm not on Tinder anymore. These are guys I dated enough to share my phone number with
  • therealmarceline
    Options
    @that_night_in_paris I will definitely keep that in mind!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Lmao.... is it bad to say " I met somebody but it was so nice getting to meet you" that sounds so cringe, but thats sincere.

No there’s nothing wrong with that.
    honesty is the best policy, in this case.

I’d be honest with the other two guys too, let them know I’m still dating around and he’s not the only one.
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @harper16 I'm not on Tinder anymore. These are guys I dated enough to share my phone number with

Lol