New Here

Options
Hi new here trying to lose 75lbs by my bday in Jan 2021. My hopes is that I can receive support and give support. My current weight is 271. I want to be under 200lbs for my 45th bday! Any suggestion?!!!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The best way to lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit.
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.

I used to have an easy time losing weight until the last several years. Now I find a Low carb, high fat diet works best for me, along with my Pruvit Ketones. Sometimes you may find one thing works better for you(or at least makes the process a little easier) than others.
  • landycici
    landycici Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I'm scared if I restrict to low or no carbs completely I will lose fast but gain back as soon as I start eating carbs. I want to enjoy food but know when to stop eating. My issue has been portion control so I really don't want to over eat anything. I have lost a few pounds here and there in the past but nothing significant.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I'm scared if I restrict to low or no carbs completely I will lose fast but gain back as soon as I start eating carbs. I want to enjoy food but know when to stop eating. My issue has been portion control so I really don't want to over eat anything. I have lost a few pounds here and there in the past but nothing significant.

I'm mindful of my calories, but I don't elimate any foods. I still have about 70 lbs to go. Slow and steady is the best approach for me. I also use a weight trending app like Libra, or happy scale for Apple users. Since weight loss isn't linear it helps me still see an overall downward trend.

Lots of good luck!
  • landycici
    landycici Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate them!
  • Skyle33
    Skyle33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Training your stomach is a real phenomenon. After 3-4 weeks of being in a healthy caloric deficit(~500 kcals under maintenance), you will most likely get used to it. You don’t need to cut out carbs, but they should not outweigh your daily physical activity. The foods you choose are equally (if not more) important than the calories. Therefore, eliminating certain foods might be necessary depending on your current diet. DO completely cut out highly processed carbs (breads, starchy things, other bleached/refined products), DO cut out gross (trans and excess saturated) fats, DO limit toxins that compromise or stress homeostatic functions. Do eliminate ALL fast food, and if you don’t know what’s in it by looking at it then you ought to avoid it. Nevertheless, if you do cut out carbs (in keto fashion), it’s best to reintroduce them slowly and keep them healthy as previously mentioned. This will offer a better chance at not reverting to old habits. Additionally, daily low impact exercises such as walking or moderate cycling are an essential and proper form of movement. Consistency above all else, and drink plenty of water, nothing else 😅