Options
bengaffney1
bengaffney1 Posts: 1 Member
Best gainer supplements? :*

Replies

• Skyle33
    Skyle33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Most supplements are unnecessary/nonessential. Creatine and all natural protein powders are your best bets. That, along with eating health complex foods in a caloric surplus should be all you need to continue progressing. Pre-/post workouts, mass gainers, BCAAs, etc. are not beneficial enough to those who have follow proper nutrition. If anything else, use caffeine to fuel workouts (assuming no health concerns). I can say from experience (and the fact that I have a master’s degree in biomedicine with proper understanding of human physiology), that as someone who once had a kitchen full of supplements, since I stopped using them cold turkey, I’ve seen no decline in performance. Moreover, my strength/flexibility/mobility continues to improve at the same pace. It’s mostly placebo. Best of luck! 😁
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I used to make my own gainer shakes (they were around 900-1000cals).. I used protein powder, full fat Greek yogurt, peanut butter, fruit (frozen banana, mangos, berries, pineapples), juice/milk/chocolate milk, ... You can even play around and add hemp hearts, coconut oil/milk, avocado, oats, syrups/sugar to really amp up the cals