Macros and Calories

Options
Hi Guys,
I recently started to track everything I consume.
However, I started to have a problem. I'm usually counting Macros instead of Calories, and I am very consistent with it. I have a set amount of each macronutrient I'm allowed to eat.
And I'm tracking this with the help of MFP, obvi. In the beginning everything worked out fine. I hit my macro goals And my calorie goals of 2000.
However, recently that changed.
I'm still hitting my macros on the dot, that didn't change since I started this. But the app is telling me now, that I'm always 100 or 150 Calories over my limit. And I don't t really understand how that should be possible if my Macros are correct. And I'm now afraid that I'm not achieving my calorie goal and therefore my weight loss because of it. Did somebody have the same problem and can help me out here?

Thanks in advance!
Elias

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal will go down automatically as you lose weight unless you manually set it. Is it possible you manually set your macros but not your calories?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Likely a bad food entry where the calories don’t add up to the macros (ie one that has net carbs etc)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Likely a bad food entry where the calories don’t add up to the macros (ie one that has net carbs etc)

Yep. Did you start logging a new food that you didn't use to log?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Yeah, check your food entries to be sure they have correct macros and calories.

The database is created by members and many of the items are just wrong.

Here's help:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10621050/how-to-use-the-usda-food-database-mfp-food-database-for-accurate-logging/p1
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Have you recently started drinking/logging alcohol? It won't show up in your f-p-c macros, but it will show up in your calories.
  • twelstand
    twelstand Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have you have lost weight? as you lose weight your basal metabolic rate will go down so your calorie needs for the day wont be as high as they were before.