Looking for motivational friends!

Options

Hello! I’m a returner looking for some motivated ladies! Sorry men! I’ve always felt like we women lose weight differently than men and men just don’t understand our issues. Also, too many men have ulterior motives and I just don’t have time for any of that! I’ve got a job to do!!!

Here’s my story

My journey has been long. In 2010 I weighed 275 when I had my son. He has a genetic disorder that causes low muscle tone and insatiable hunger. It really scared me!
I started trying to get it together because I knew my lifestyle was dangerous for a child like mine.
I initially lost 30 lbs in the first 2 years but I really didn’t take off until 2012 when I started using myfitnesspal.
Between 2012 and 2015 I lost 100 lbs with the momentum of a freight train.
My son watched all this and was raised with this very extreme view on food and active lifestyle, which is necessary to keep him happy and healthy! I’m so grateful it all fit! And now I’m seeing the results pay off! He’s in the 70th percentile for weight!!!
I kept the weight off until I had surgery to remove the skin in 2017. Happy at 145, I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. DIRECTLY after, I gained 2O pounds! Leaving me at 165. I eventually took off 10 lbs but it took 6 months 😖.. 6 months later I was scheduled for the arm skin surgery which took me down again. 2018, I’m back up 155. In the year 2019, i tried to keep it together. At the end of 2019, our family enjoyed a Hawaiian cruise for Christmas. When I returned I was a whopping 170lbs!! I went to work and killed it! I was so on fire!! I took it down to 160 in 3 weeks!
Then, the world just dropped out from not only me, but the whole world! I think I really kept it together really well for the first three weeks! But then I began to slowly unravel. Between homeschooling my special needs son, and seeing every comfort outside the home being twisted and changed.. I just lost control of myself. My scale was back up to 170. And worse than that.. I could see and feel the puffy chub spilling out all over.
Last week I had a lightning strike. I ate 4 doughnuts in one day.. I asked myself, “why do I even have doughnuts in the first place!! I don’t even eat gluten!!!” After several weeks of feeling like crap and barely being able to get off the couch, I realized it was time to bring back that girl that has fire in her blood every day!
For the last 5 days, I’ve been that girl! And I want to take a new crew with me here on MFP!

Replies

• khammond2016
    khammond2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, so happy for you that you are back on track, keep up the good work!

Unfortunately I am not at the same place as you, I am at my highest weight ever, needing to lose 142 lbs. And this is day one.

Some of my history: I have been gaining weight since my first pregnancy at age 19. I have been successful at taking weight off only short term. The best I have done was almost 10 years ago, I took off 90 lbs. And kept it off for about 1 year. Each time I lose weight I gain it back plus more. My husband did not have a bad weight problem while he was away from home driving truck. But now that he lives and works from home he also is now very over weight. We are bad for each other when it comes to eating healthy, making this harder.

At this time, both of us are very unhealthy and limited physically by our weight. I am 55 and can barely get up and down stairs let alone go do things I would like to. I now know what they mean by trapped in my own body. I want to change this starting today.

Karen

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, so happy for you that you are back on track, keep up the good work!

Unfortunately I am not at the same place as you, I am at my highest weight ever, needing to lose 142 lbs. And this is day one.

Some of my history: I have been gaining weight since my first pregnancy at age 19. I have been successful at taking weight off only short term. The best I have done was almost 10 years ago, I took off 90 lbs. And kept it off for about 1 year. Each time I lose weight I gain it back plus more. My husband did not have a bad weight problem while he was away from home driving truck. But now that he lives and works from home he also is now very over weight. We are bad for each other when it comes to eating healthy, making this harder.

At this time, both of us are very unhealthy and limited physically by our weight. I am 55 and can barely get up and down stairs let alone go do things I would like to. I now know what they mean by trapped in my own body. I want to change this starting today.

Karen

Hello Karen!
    Having been in a similar place once, I totally empathize with those just starting out! My husband and I were the same in the beginning also! We really connected through food 😂. It was really hard to get him on board as well once I started eating healthier. It took a great deal of persistence and a lot of learning g how to make healthy food taste good enough for him! For me, I would just eat grapefruit and Greek yogurt at every meal for a few weeks.. but for him, it had to be a gourmet cuisine! 🙄. I’m here for you!! I’ve been through a lot of ups and downs! And helping others really inspires me to stay on track and hit my own goals!