Newbie Newme

Options
Neil7905
Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
Hi everybody, I've been so wrapped up in calorie counting and making sure I ate properly, I never thought to even see if there was a discussion group 🤣😂

Replies

• xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm Shonna, Its nice to meet you:)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope the community section is a helpful resource for you! Best of luck in reaching your health and fitness goals!
  • Neil7905
    Options

Hi Shonna , great to meet you. 😉
  • Neil7905
    Options
    Welcome! I hope the community section is a helpful resource for you! Best of luck in reaching your health and fitness goals!

Thanks very much Austin 👍🏻😉
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    Options

Hi Shonna , great to meet you. 😉

So, what are your goals?:)
  • Neil7905
    Options
    Well I had a look at my BMI and I'm supposed to be 85kg to be in the green. Sod that!! 🤣😂 I was boxing a few years ago and only managed to drop to 91kg. So I've set 90kg as my limit.
    How about you? What are your goals?
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    Options
    Well I had a look at my BMI and I'm supposed to be 85kg to be in the green. Sod that!! 🤣😂 I was boxing a few years ago and only managed to drop to 91kg. So I've set 90kg as my limit.
    How about you? What are your goals?

Haha yeah. My "ideal" BMI is totally unattainable for me personally. I am not meant to be petite and that's fine.

Numerically my goal is 145lbs. That's about where I feel my best and am confident.
    My other goals are just to be able to do the things I love to do without my weight and fitness level holding me back. I homestead, so it's really physically demanding, I have a physically demanding job and physically demanding hobbies lol. I need to be feeling my best.
  • Neil7905
    Options
    I totally agree, being the weight you feel you need to be, rather than judging yourself by some chart is far more important. What is so demanding in your job?
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    Options
    Exactly:)
    I'm a personal support worker in long term care.

Its physically and mentally exhausting lol
  • mccallm33
    mccallm33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would agree. It’s about being at a healthy achievable weight. Way back my recommended weight is 8 stone 10 which I achieved once. I’m happy when I’m 9.10 which is a stone heavier. I now use the excuse ..... as you get older it doesn’t do to be too skinny 😂 however I’ve successfully lost 3 1/2 lbs my first week. See how this week pans out but head is in the right zone 👌🏻
  • Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome!
  • phoenix1974
    phoenix1974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Neil7905
    Options
    mccallm33 wrote: »
    I would agree. It’s about being at a healthy achievable weight. Way back my recommended weight is 8 stone 10 which I achieved once. I’m happy when I’m 9.10 which is a stone heavier. I now use the excuse ..... as you get older it doesn’t do to be too skinny 😂 however I’ve successfully lost 3 1/2 lbs my first week. See how this week pans out but head is in the right zone 👌🏻

Absolutely right, to be healthy in body is to be healthy in mind. Well done so far, you've got a great achievable attitude.
  • Neil7905
    Options
    Welcome!!!

Thank you Phoenix! Hope you're well.
  • Neil7905
    Options
    em05us wrote: »
    Hey welcome!

Thank you em05us, hope you're well.