Well, here I am... another teenager believing they are fat..

Options
Hi everyone.
I never really been on a diet before. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 125 lbs. Even though, that seems like a low number, I'm not really THAT skinny... I got a little too much junk the trunk, muffin top, tubby tummy, the usual insecurities.. I want to work on getting rid of that extra fat, get a be toned :p Is there anyone else out there who just wants to be... toned up!?

Replies

• Mbergeron
    Mbergeron Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I never really been on a diet before. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 125 lbs. Even though, that seems like a low number, I'm not really THAT skinny... I got a little too much junk the trunk, muffin top, tubby tummy, the usual insecurities.. I want to work on getting rid of that extra fat, get a be toned :p Is there anyone else out there who just wants to be... toned up!?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sure, there's quite a few of us who are either at their maintainance weight or looking to just gain some definition.

Welcome! It's a good place to be. It's a long road though, I can tell you that with certainty. If you are prepared to make this a lifelong journey, you will do quite well!
  • wrenaybees
    wrenaybees Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, I also weighed 125 pounds. I felt chubby, even though I was perfectly healthy. You are young and your body is still growing, so exercise and eating right, should help you to tone up and begin a healthy lifestyle that will serve you well as an adult.

Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here are working on toning :flowerforyou: Just make sure you havn't selected weight loss as your goal. If you're not trying to lose weight, you should be eating maintenance calories. Best of luck toning up :flowerforyou:
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way in high school.
    I weigh more now than I did in high school... but really, the lifestyle is what makes changes to your body.

You don't need to lose weight... but I would suggest switching out junk food for healtheir food (eat the same amount of calories)

You'll see how much more food you are able to eat when you cut out the junk, and your body will start looking less soft.

Also, I know this sounds weird because you have an adult's body already (that's what I thought) but in college I lost a lot of baby fat.

I have more fat now than in highschool... but it looks different... it looks like a woman's body, not a kid's with baby fat... does that make any sense at all? lol.:laugh:

160263.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm with snowbune. I have actually lost weight since high school, but even before I did, it was different. Nothing wrong with eating right and working out though! :drinker: Here's to healthy living! Welcome and good luck!
  • Jenn827
    Jenn827 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Jennelle and I am new to the site. I have been on just about every diet. I have lost and gained. Now I am trying something different for a change. Counting calories and exercising, hopefully this will be a life change. I figured this couldn't hurt as much as some other things. So here i go!!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Mbergeron
    Mbergeron Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you, to everyone! :]