Anyone doing keto vegan? Friends wanted!

Hi I’m doing the vegan keto book and wanted some peeps who might be do same or similar. I found the 4 week plan at back and going into this week I’m stoked to not have to plan for four weeks. The calories and net carbs are already configured so this makes life a lot easier than this past week! Lol I spent a lot of time creating a menu trying to stay in a calorie area food prep pre logging and putting in the recipes! Whew it was like work! 8 hours just in food prep and putting recipes on. So I think this week I’ll do different and see if I can’t get the most accurate food logging cause my numbers were off from book in recipes ( or just quick add calorie for the day). I’m excited I play around with different foods and food 🥘 ideas. So I’m gonna stick with this awhile and later go on to my tried and true of choose more lose more. But anyway anyone interested or just want support is welcome to friend me 💚☮️♑️

Replies

• mgeeq
    mgeeq Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! What is the vegan keto book you found? I'm lacto-ovo but lean towards all plant-based if and when I can. (Ex: pea protein milk for coffee rather than dairy cream.) I'd like to join you! Where can I access this resource?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    mgeeq wrote: »
    Hi! What is the vegan keto book you found? I'm lacto-ovo but lean towards all plant-based if and when I can. (Ex: pea protein milk for coffee rather than dairy cream.) I'd like to join you! Where can I access this resource?

In other posts, OP has referenced the book's four week meal plan and some specific recipes which makes me think it may be this book: https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Keto-Liz-MacDowell/dp/1628603143/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=vegan+keto&qid=1582908559&sr=8-5
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    @mgeeq it is called vegan keto by Liz McDowell I also got another cool book with lots of yumm recipes called the essential vegetarian keto cookbook by the editors or Rodale books it’s got all kinds of neat ideas. I’m leaning more towards a pescatarian angle but I’m just gonna go for how the book is outlined. I’m working on the vegAn keto then I’ll go to the veg keto book. And eventually I plan on going into doing something else I did before with results. ( carb cycling) so I wanted to get a broad spectrum ideas for meals!
  • angelexperiment
    Yes! Thank you
    mgeeq wrote: »

In other posts, OP has referenced the book's four week meal plan and some specific recipes which makes me think it may be this book: https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Keto-Liz-MacDowell/dp/1628603143/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=vegan+keto&qid=1582908559&sr=8-5

• angelexperiment
    Here is week 1 menu and shopping list
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Here is week 1 menu and shopping list

Lol. I can jump in right away since the shopping list must have been created based on my fridge and pantry😁 I'm definitely not vegan, though. Just love to eat more plants than meat.
  • angelexperiment
    @metubal yes I had most the ingredients it’s nice to not have to buy a lot!
  • angelexperiment
    Well off to a bumpy start I think Tuesday was better for sure. A benefit I’d say is the fiber, a lot of fiber and it’s improved my bathroom visits quite a bit 😂 I have Ibs c so I have found maybe when I’m off this to incorporate more fiber and fats.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @mgeeq it is called vegan keto by Liz McDowell I also got another cool book with lots of yumm recipes called the essential vegetarian keto cookbook by the editors or Rodale books it’s got all kinds of neat ideas. I’m leaning more towards a pescatarian angle but I’m just gonna go for how the book is outlined. I’m working on the vegAn keto then I’ll go to the veg keto book. And eventually I plan on going into doing something else I did before with results. ( carb cycling) so I wanted to get a broad spectrum ideas for meals!

Please do update us in a few months on how this is working out.

This.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Well off to a bumpy start I think Tuesday was better for sure. A benefit I’d say is the fiber, a lot of fiber and it’s improved my bathroom visits quite a bit 😂 I have Ibs c so I have found maybe when I’m off this to incorporate more fiber and fats.

If you have IBS-C and have increased fiber significantly, I'd strongly suggest that you include fat to at least 0.35-0.45g per pound of bodyweight now, and hydrate adequately.

I'm a long term (45+ years) vegetarian, also diagnosed IBS-C. It's your body, but I really, really wouldn't encourage high fiber, low fat. There are plenty of healthy vegan fat sources: Nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil . . . .
  • angelexperiment
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

If you have IBS-C and have increased fiber significantly, I'd strongly suggest that you include fat to at least 0.35-0.45g per pound of bodyweight now, and hydrate adequately.

I'm a long term (45+ years) vegetarian, also diagnosed IBS-C. It's your body, but I really, really wouldn't encourage high fiber, low fat. There are plenty of healthy vegan fat sources: Nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil . . . .
    Oh no girl lol I believe in fat😍 I’ve added in coconut oil and avacado, olives etc I have no idea how much my fats really should be but it’s been a bit higher since I started this and about two weeks prior around 50/60% according to my nutrition pie thing at the end of the day
  • angelexperiment
    And of course I’m drinking water a lot bc of the fiber not trying to block up any thing
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Glad to hear it!
  • cianag
    cianag Posts: 29 Member
    I would love to do vegan keto. I will have to look into the book. Please keep us updated.
  • scbullybrigade
    scbullybrigade Posts: 1 Member
    Hi @angelexperiment!
    I’ve been vegan for about 6 years now and have decided to take on the keto challenge to clean up the carbs in my diet and get back to more plant based. I’ve also read the book and a few more. I’m on day 2. I’d love to hear how it’s been for you over the last couple months!

Carly 💪🏼🌱
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    If you are on Instagram follow @healthyjenell she follows a keto vegan lifestyle. She maybe helpful to you.
  • angelexperiment
    Hi @angelexperiment!
    I’ve been vegan for about 6 years now and have decided to take on the keto challenge to clean up the carbs in my diet and get back to more plant based. I’ve also read the book and a few more. I’m on day 2. I’d love to hear how it’s been for you over the last couple months!

Carly 💪🏼🌱

Well I had to learn to adjust fats and lower the calories a little and then I lost weight