Jump Rope Dudes - do the thing! Anyone else?

Options
ocacdryp1sr8.jpg

Low impact, high intensity, core building. posture reinforcing.

Replies

• JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love jumping rope. Learned a lot from Jump Rope Dudes.
    I’m currently on day 14 of a 31 day get lean challenge. It’s tough but I feel sooo good afterwards.
    Today, I did a half hour and burned 396 calories. I’m not sure how many skips I did, though.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Ikeeptrying2 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've just begun jumping and am slowly making my way.
  • M93KG
    M93KG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I should be using my speed rope more *sigh*
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've just begun jumping and am slowly making my way.

Man did I suck when I started. I looked like I had been whipped. I had welts all over. But with Perseverence comes reward. Now it's soooo much fun.
  • missyelainious
    missyelainious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I got some Crossropes and never knew exercise could be simultaneously so frustrating and rewarding.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got some Crossropes and never knew exercise could be simultaneously so frustrating and rewarding.

I loooove my Crossropes. I’m doing the Get Lean challenge right now and it’s kicking my butt. But I love it.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Options

I have crossropes too and really like them. A tad expensive but they are good quality.

Hope you are finding things to improve with practice.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options

I'm using a Smartrope which is Bluetooth connected to my phone and tracks my workout. I like that however I believe it's limiting the tricks I can do.

How long does a crossrope last?
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I made a jumprope from some metal wire I got at home depot, but have to adjust it. Its what I can afford right now. Im trying to get on board, now first thing is to learn the boxer step!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    I did that once.

Boxer step is my fav
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've just started as well! Still trying to get the hang of it. Not nearly as easy as I remember 😅
    can't wait to stop tripping up!
    I saw the JRD channel on YouTube after I got my rope and it was great to see their journeys. I tried to get a weighted rope like they said, but it turned out only the handles were weighted. I'll have to wait a bit before I can budget for the crossrope
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    it takes time. after awhile it starts to really be fun.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Here is a long playlist on benefits and learning jump rope.

• katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    so I finally broke down and bought the Get Lean Set from Crossropes. I've jumped rope for a while and no issues with coordination, but taking things a little at a time.
  • Ikeeptrying2
    Options
    so I finally broke down and bought the Get Lean Set from Crossropes. I've jumped rope for a while and no issues with coordination, but taking things a little at a time.

I have the same set. As a relative newbie to the activity, I found the set much easier to get going with as compared to a generic set I picked up a couple years ago.

They are not cheap, but I figure with the amount I jump, they should last me many years.

I also picked up a jump rope mat (not crossropes) and that has been helpful as well for me.

Enjoy!
  • bugstar75
    bugstar75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m so happy to see jump rope dudes mentioned on here! I got into them when quarantine started and I am hooked!
    I bought the get fit set, which includes all 4 ropes. I have become addicted to jumping rope, and I take my ropes EVERYWHERE!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    edited May 2020
    Options
    From my session yesterday.

I'm not doing the JRD monthly challenge. But the guys are now mixing Jump Rope with bodyweight exercises. So for me. 17 min playlist jump rope. 20 min swimming. pushups squats and dumbbell pullovers yesterday.

u8y9dowwv52j.jpg
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Looking at Crossrope and I am intrigued. I bought a super cheap lighter weight “speed” rope to get started and had nothing but frustration (it also has weird handles where the wire connects perpendicular to the handle, not in line). How much could be the rope vs. beginner technique? Going to check out the videos above and do some more research because i would love to get going again!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Looking at Crossrope and I am intrigued. I bought a super cheap lighter weight “speed” rope to get started and had nothing but frustration (it also has weird handles where the wire connects perpendicular to the handle, not in line). How much could be the rope vs. beginner technique? Going to check out the videos above and do some more research because i would love to get going again!

A lot! I went through 4 ropes before I found one that I liked. Honestly I'm struggling to spend. the big $$$ on the Crossrope set. Many swear by them though. I understand the Money Rope from Rush Atheletics is good.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options

Find some good tunes, once you get a rhythm and tempo going its so much fun, then the tricks! Double-unders get the HR up and crossovers just look plain cool!