1500 calories a day is too much

Options
2»

Replies

• SiyaManqele
    SiyaManqele Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Are you weighing and logging everything that you eat?

I reiterate this. Are you using a food scale? If not, you may be eating closer to 1500 than you think.

How fast are you losing weight?

I haven't been using a food scale. I've been loosing more than 0.5km a week which is my goal and I've lost a total of 3kg to date.

If you're losing 0.5kg a week, I would think you're fine (probably underestimating your calorie intake).

How long in total did it take to lose the 3kg?

How much weight do you want to lose total?

I want to cut down to 70kg from 75kg then start toning my body. I started 5 weeks ago but have been on MFP for 2 weeks coz I needed a tool to assist me.

I'm one of those guys who look fine in clothes from other people's perspective but only I know what's underneath my t-shirt and I wanna refine that. That's basically my goal, to have a lean body.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Have you given up the beers?

One of the reasons that weight loss regimes encourage you to drink more water is that the liquid contributes to the feelings of being full. If you are drinking a lot of beer, then you feel full even though you have consumed fewer & better food calaories. Yes, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie but you have to look at the macros too to see that you are getting protein & fiber.

Your prior bad habit of eating only once per day may have triggered a starvation response in your body. If your system thinks there is no source of food it can hang on to every calorie it gets, thwarting weight loss. Good for you for eating more times per day.

Some of these changes take time to see. The things I'm learning is to let go of the "shoulds"; do what works for you & don't be a slave to some arbitrary #.

Hang in there.

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Get enough protein and fat, let the carbohydrates take care of themselves, and use your own particular data to guide your calorie intake - no doubt you have issues with tracking and estimating calories-out because it's not an exact science, so everything is a best-guess. What matters when using your own particular data is that you are consistent with how you do things.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Exactly. @lgfrie makes the key point while keeping it simple. If you want to lose 1 lb/wk for 10 more weeks, just keep doing what you're doing for 10 more weeks. It doesn't matter how accurate your count is if you are achieving your goal. Likewise, there's no point in altering macros or schedule if what you are doing now works for you.

If it stops working for you (feel weak, lose muscle mass, lose too fast or loss stops), that would be the time to reassess. Accurate logging can be a big help in that assessment.