Options
Rocko820
Rocko820 Posts: 53 Member
Covid sucks!!!!!!!!

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Kind of a weird question. Though I’m sure there’s some really demented people that don’t. I don’t want to meet any of them though,
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    You know what... Covid can *kitten* my *kitten* and then *kitten* it's own *kitten* while I *kitten* the *kitten* out of *kitten* *kitten* Covid's mom.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Kind of a weird question. Though I’m sure there’s some really demented people that don’t. I don’t want to meet any of them though,

Not necessarily demented, but some people are actually making lots of money off the situation. My job is essential, one of my co-workers and her husband are both essential, between stimulus money and free child care since they are essential they have tons of extra money at the moment.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

Not necessarily demented, but some people are actually making lots of money off the situation. My job is essential, one of my co-workers and her husband are both essential, between stimulus money and free child care since they are essential they have tons of extra money at the moment.

Your essential workers have free childcare? Where is this utopia?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Maryland, USA
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Maryland, USA

Oh forget it. I have a brother there. 😁
  • Motorsheen
    Options

also.... have you been to the Rogue Fitness website?

everything is sold-out.

also, sites like Concept2

I have a bunch of home gym gear on backorder

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

also.... have you been to the Rogue Fitness website?

everything is sold-out.

also, sites like Concept2

I have a bunch of home gym gear on backorder

Puzzle and book companies ain't doing too shabby this quarter either.
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I named my neighbor’s dog covid because it’s ugly as *kitten*
  • innaa1789
    innaa1789 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Hah, this is hardly the case for MAJORITY. I’m what you call an essential worker, on the frontlines, working with COVID face to face. No one is making extra money here, in fact many people have been furloughed, salaries have been cut. No pay raises or bonuses or any kind for us this year. Lucky to have a job, in fact. Here I’m thankful to have PTO to use for those days my husband has to be working, and no one to watch the kiddos. But what will soon run out... Is this free childcare through your job as well? If so, your coworker is one lucky citizen!! Kinda nice to hear not everyone is struggling here, but at the same time, sad to think how rare this case is.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    innaa1789 wrote: »

Hah, this is hardly the case for MAJORITY. I’m what you call an essential worker, on the frontlines, working with COVID face to face. No one is making extra money here, in fact many people have been furloughed, salaries have been cut. No pay raises or bonuses or any kind for us this year. Lucky to have a job, in fact. Here I’m thankful to have PTO to use for those days my husband has to be working, and no one to watch the kiddos. But what will soon run out... Is this free childcare through your job as well? If so, your coworker is one lucky citizen!! Kinda nice to hear not everyone is struggling here, but at the same time, sad to think how rare this case is.

Not through work, Governor of Maryland shut down daycares to all but essential workers, not all daycares chose to stay open due to new restrictions. Those that are open are only allowed to have essential employee kids and the state is paying the tuition, for now. So, all Maryland essential workers chosing to use daycare are getting it free right now.

It wasn't my intention to imply everyone has it easy, this was just an example of someone who may not be "hating COVID" at the moment and not for "demented" reasons. I know some people making extra money and some people struggling.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I named my neighbor’s dog covid because it’s ugly as *kitten*

Lmaoooooo
  • somejaykid
    somejaykid Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Rocko820 wrote: »
    Covid sucks!!!!!!!!

awtlhmyn51ca.png

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as non-essential. We're all essential.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »

Well.....
  • innaa1789
    innaa1789 Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @4legsRbetterthan2
    Oh no no, I didn’t mean anything negative against you, just took the opportunity to vent 🙈.
    And that’s actually very neat what the governor did! Took such a load off many shoulders, I’m sure.

COVID DOES SUCK! Can’t wait until life starts returning to normal.
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options

My household income is too high for any stimulus. I’ll never get any stimulus ever 😭

All my friends are getting payouts and some are getting more on unemployment. I hear people say they make more money on this arrangement and some got really mad their employer got the PPP money for small businesses and aren’t furloughing them. Because they lose out on free money.

It’s effed up
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »

But are some more essential than others? The essential essentials.