Corrine Crabtree's Phit-n-Phat... Anyone following her podcast?

2»

Replies

• AndromedaB
    AndromedaB Posts: 3 Member
    Also, Shari has a program that costs a lot less, and you don't have to pay monthly. You just pay once. I think it's around $500.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    AndromedaB wrote: »
    Also, Shari has a program that costs a lot less, and you don't have to pay monthly. You just pay once. I think it's around $500.

Just listened to a couple, and no. Most people don't need to pay $500 to be told to eat to hunger signals (which doesn't work for everybody anyway). I personally can understand subscriptions, you're paying for a well-defined service and you get to choose the period of commitment. You only pay until you no longer feel the service is worth paying for. I even understand paying for a product, like the reasonably priced courses and books that halfsizeme does, but I personally think those overpriced one time payment systems are a ripoff. They make it seem like it's a steal because you're not paying a subscription, but in reality, most people do not stay with subscriptions long enough for that one time payment to be a good deal.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    I listened to her first 20 podcasts, but it’s not for me. I found it to be pretty repitious. I am not the type of person who can eat until full. It takes my brain a while to realize that I am full. Calorie counting works better for me. I do agree with the meal prepping part of it though, not enough to pay the amount she charges for joining her tribe. I think I’ll take a look at Half Size Me. I found one that sounds good this morning, Weight Loss for Foodies, that I’m going to check out too.

Now having listened to her for a while... I agree. I'm over it because it just seems to be all about Corrine. She's God's gift to the universe, and much of her reasons are "stop it cause I said so and that is bullsh*t thinking." I liked that she addressed the mental side of weight loss. But it's hard to keep listening to her keep saying the same things over and over.
  • tobygrimme
    tobygrimme Posts: 3 Member
    breefoshee I would LOVE to have a buddy to do this program with! Lets connect. I too am on FB groupie pages but would like a smaller or group or even a one on one partner in crime to talk about this with!!
  • Sjb053
    Sjb053 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2020
    Listened to her podcast. I’m
    An emotional eater. Think it will help my thinking.May join her tribe in the Spring Will track my food using this app too
  • mystery431
    mystery431 Posts: 1 Member
    I follow her podcast and I'm intending to join April 1-3 this year when she opens for new Tribe members. A few thoughts (from my perspective; not to find fault with anyone else's thoughts here):

1) she does talk a lot about herself - although I don't have 100 pounds to lose, I have lost 25 on my own (it was more but I'm gaining again) and need to lose another 25. I find her journey similar to mine in many ways, and I need things repeated, so I'm ok with her talking about herself.

2) she is expensive, however, I'm a former Weight Watchers member and I think, in the course of a year, Corinne is cheaper than WW.

3) I like that there are daily workbooks; daily check-ins and basically, 24 hour help. Noom, WW... no other program I've tried, checked out, or read about provides that kind of support. Again, it's something I really need.

4) I'm going to be 64 in June. Believe me, I've tried everything out there. Corinne works on changing thinking and self-talk. I need that so badly, and I cannot afford $175/hour for therapy about it.

Anyway, it's been interesting reading your different perspectives. I hope you've done well with your own journeys!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I followed her for a while. Very repetitive, too much so, for my taste. She did it on her own. I’ve done it before on my own. It’s basically calorie counting and moving more. I prefer Weight Loss for Foodies.
  • KT587
    KT587 Posts: 11 Member
    I really like her podcast for making me be honest and tough love. I like half size me as well. For me... It's a take what I need from each perspective and use in my journey!
  • Ca55andraM4
    Ca55andraM4 Posts: 2 Member
    Late to the show....

I've been listening to Corrine's podcasts for a while now and want to joint the tribe, but just can't afford it. Not the fee PLUS a monthly fee. Too rich for my blood. I have about 45 lbs to lose, but am stalling big time. I'm an emotional eater and especially with COVID-19 in the mix, the stress and anxiety are doing a number on me.

Good luck to you all! I hope success smiles upon you!
  • annabeatrix
    annabeatrix Posts: 4 Member
    Is anyone doing this Tribe membership program now? and how is it? and what does it cost? Love to hear your views on it. I did do Corinne's 5 days challenge in 2020 and that was pretty awesome. I listen to her on Clubhouse and she does stand out and can make the house lit up.
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    I'm doing it right now and in love, in control and the stress is melting off with the pounds! I'm 43, and started at 187 about three weeks ago. I weighed in this morning at 178. This morning I was 168!!! I thought I was stuck in the 180's, I was scheduling appt's with my gyno thinking a change of bc would help, as I'm recently off the mirena. But this has been a lifesaver! I'm not joining the paid group though, my goal weight is 170 and there's more than enough free material out there! Join her mailing group, listen to her podcast everyday and watch her youtube.
  • divinamama
    divinamama Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there Ladies I just found Phit n Phat not very long ago and now i cannot get enough I wish I could afford to join and I just may do it somehow even if it’s out of my budget it feels like I really need it right now -I am Canadian and the American prices converted will really be out of my reach I just wish she had different prices for Canadians or people from countries outside the states to reflect the high exchange rates 😬😓 I have been SO depressed and feeling very hopeless but now Corinne (and all of the phit n phat community) are bringing a little tiny light into my life. I want to get really involved with it but I know my husband will likely talk me down and say it’s just another phase I’m going into but I will know differently in my heart. I need to lose 50lbs and I know it’s gonna take time. I love her sisterly style southern advice and her straight to the point advice. I hope any lady that can use her help can somehow get it. Please friend me on MyFitnessPal if you want to become accountable to each other or just to have a friend who knows how you feel. All the best to you !
  • divinamama
    @annabeatrix how do we know when she is going to be on clubhouse? I downloaded the app just in hopes to not miss her!
  • divinamama
    @mystery431 - sorry to write you in here so late but I was wondering if you DID end up becoming a tribe member and what did you think about it? Did it help you get the results you were hoping for? Take care ☺️👍
  • BrandyM83
    BrandyM83 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2021
    divinamama wrote: »
    @mystery431 - sorry to write you in here so late but I was wondering if you DID end up becoming a tribe member and what did you think about it? Did it help you get the results you were hoping for? Take care ☺️👍

I've been a tribe member twice. Once earlier this year and then 2-3 years ago. It is currently:
    One Time Joining Fee - $289 for No BS Weightloss Course

Monthly Membership Fee -- $59 per month membership fee after your first 30 days.

Okay but then, you cough up $25ish for her daily planner that lasts either 60 days or 90 days, I can't remember. And THEN there is camp, another $400ish every quarter. BOTH ITEMS ARE OPTIONAL, but when you are in the tribe you are drinking the Kool-aid and it doesn't FEEL optional. You can print her planner free with your printer, but everyone else will post pics of theirs and you will get FOMO. I told myself I didn't need camp, but then the entire month before her group was all about camp. Camp comes with goodies. You can't get the goodies elsewhere. You won't get the same info everyone else is getting. You will REALLY FEEL like if you don't pay for camp you missed out on that too.

So it adds up. $289 plus $649 ($59x11 months) is $938 for a year, PLUS your 4 or so planners PLUS 3 or 4 camps. THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Thousands. Can't afford it? You will be told to put yourself first.

I LOVE CORRINE. Love her. If I was rich she could have my money. She is so inspiring and makes you feel passionate about it. And her private Facebook group has live videos often.... You get a lot for your $1000 for year 1. She is great at what she does.

I just need a lot of work and I felt like dumping more money in when I wasn't doing the work was a waste. (I've lost 90LBS, gained it back, had weight loss surgery, have only lost 50 pounds in 2 years since the surgey.... I'm a mess and eat out of boredom, can't stop when not hungry, and so on. I'm down 100 pounds but haven't lost ANYTHING in a year.)

Also when you join you do a nice online set of video lessons. Can take a week or a month to finish those, depending on how much you put in and your time. There are spin off groups for the nobs book club, no bs queens club... you will have lots of little support groups to join.

If you can afford to Kool-Aid, drink it. Hope this helps somebody!
  • BrandyM83
    BrandyM83 Posts: 4 Member
    Also, you do not have to wait for the tribe to open. If you take her free email course the final day has an invite to the tribe.