These are the times I need to prove to myself I am strong

Options
2»

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    https://www.drugs.com/vyvanse.html

Here is a link to the meds I am taking. If anyone is curious about them and how they work
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    One of my kids was on Vyvanse for years so I am familiar with it AND the side effects. He was only on 30mg/day, not 60, either.

For my son, one of the most noticeable was lack of appetite while the pill was "working", so he would hardly eat all day, but by the afternoon/evening when it would wear off he would make up for it by eating everything not nailed down. I can only assume that is creating the "binge" mentality when it wears off for you, too?

Sorry you're going through this. Hope it gets better...
  • KrissFlavored
    Options
    Yeah, somewhat, like, I find that since it's basically controlling my impulses, once that stops, that's when the binge mode starts to kick in, I think technically that they expect you to be asleep by the time it wears off, however that's not realistic lol

I find it easier to manage a few hours of not giving in to those impulses then all day, however, the other night I was emotionally challenged.

I also have borderline personality disorder lol.. so basically my emotions sky rocket fast and take forever to come back down, it took me 3 days before I felt okay lol I was calmer the next day but I was still having angry conversations in my head etc.

So when that kicked in and the meds wore off, it was like being kicked from both sides and made it much more harder to ignore the impulses.

I do make sure I eat the calories I am expected to eat. And I do feel hungry when enough hours have passed. But they definitely keep my impulse control in check.

When I took vyvanse previously, because they were new, for a while they really did decrease my appetite to a point that I would forget I was eating food and have to remember to pick the fork back up..

This time I dont have that problem, which I actually like, cause I wanna eat lol.. it's just the mental part I dont like.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Some good and unexpected news.

My eating disorder psychiatrist just emailed me to tell me that they would offer the therapy to me free at no cost since my insurance wouldnt pay for it.

He also said that my self management has been great progress as well.

So.. I guess I just gotta wait for him to give me a date and I'm driving down this hole lol

Wow! That's awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,368 Member
    Options
    Such great news, Kriss: Wishing you the best, that it will turn out to be a good strategy for you!
  • KrissFlavored
    Options
    I hope so too, hopefully it will be easy to adapt, and where I'm better prepared this time.. lol
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Some good and unexpected news.

My eating disorder psychiatrist just emailed me to tell me that they would offer the therapy to me free at no cost since my insurance wouldnt pay for it.

He also said that my self management has been great progress as well.

So.. I guess I just gotta wait for him to give me a date and I'm driving down this hole lol

Great news! Happy for you. I hope it all works out well. You can do this.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,720 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Awesome news Kriss!!!!

You will get those mental hamsters ship shape and Bristol fashion in no time!!!!

*Ok: maybe in a little bit of time; but, you'll do it!!!
  • KrissFlavored
    Options
    Hahaha mental hamsters.

Such a lovely mental image