Back to reality with restrictions lifted!

Options
melc2910
melc2910 Posts: 26 Member
Hey everyone how’s everyone going with this covid thing? I’m starting back at work in monday after working from home for 3 months. Is anyone else feeling quite anxious about it? Add me let’s be friends :)

Replies

• flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    They're never gonna open NYC for quite a while. So yeah I'm still quarter-depressed and getting fat.
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    They're never gonna open NYC for quite a while. So yeah I'm still quarter-depressed and getting fat.

You have to move. Florida's ballin'. 😎
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,505 Member
    Options
    it's time to party like it's 1999.
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    it's time to party like it's 1999.

May 16, it's lit down here

g1ghfqk9xy5n.png
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    They lifted restrictions, but most food places are to-go only still and most of the places I enjoy (the arcade, the bowling alley, the movie theater) are still closed, so I have no reason to venture outside except on my nightly walk.

Probably for the best. The less interaction I have with others, the less likely I am to catch it and possibly pass it on to others (even if I don't get ill).

People in my state have done dumb things (including, but not limited to burning down a church because said church defied lockdown measures and then tried to sue the local township). So nah, think I'll stay in.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    They lifted restrictions, but most food places are to-go only still and most of the places I enjoy (the arcade, the bowling alley, the movie theater) are still closed, so I have no reason to venture outside except on my nightly walk.

Probably for the best. The less interaction I have with others, the less likely I am to catch it and possibly pass it on to others (even if I don't get ill).

People in my state have done dumb things (including, but not limited to burning down a church because said church defied lockdown measures and then tried to sue the local township). So nah, think I'll stay in.

My state is being very cautious and slow about reopening things which is fine by me. I just miss the library. ;) And I have no real need to go to a big box store anytime soon.
    I do miss checking out the consignment stores and goodwill type places though. :( They were always my place to go when I felt I needed to spend money or wanted new(to me) books or puzzles, etc.
    TBH, I haven't missed people much at all. Lol Not after everything I've seen for the past few months. :/
    AND dh just bought me a 5th of vodka and a bottle of Kahlua so I'm probably set for another 2 months of lockdown. :)
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options

You have to move. Florida's ballin'. 😎
    I wish
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

My state is being very cautious and slow about reopening things which is fine by me. I just miss the library. ;) And I have no real need to go to a big box store anytime soon.
    I do miss checking out the consignment stores and goodwill type places though. :( They were always my place to go when I felt I needed to spend money or wanted new(to me) books or puzzles, etc.
    TBH, I haven't missed people much at all. Lol Not after everything I've seen for the past few months. :/
    AND dh just bought me a 5th of vodka and a bottle of Kahlua so I'm probably set for another 2 months of lockdown. :)

I, too, miss the library and the ability to check out books and other media. It is/was our favorite indoor summer activity. :)